Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$410
SAVE US$89
Expedia.comUS$499
PricelineUS$499
eDreamsUS$499
All reviews star hotel main restaurant sea view island aperitivo
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

Absolutely scam hotel, booked a 4 nights holiday and regreat dearly.

Room is a joke, as per my pictures, Extremelly dirty, spider web, air con unit looked dirty, bathroom old and breaking down. On the way to the beach from the cottage there is a extreme faul smell of sewage. The beach is a peppled little stretch and is extremelly littered with all sort of plastics and rubbish in general. The beach bar is non-existent.

We dinned over the smell of sewage in the main restaurant and listening to tacky wedding music as they rented the front area of the hotel and the bar to outside guests for a wedding. The night ended up with italians singing elton john.

Luckily we do not have a financial problem and have left the next morning first hour. I can imagine how much more damage this hotel would have inflicted on us had we stayed.

I was the right decision to leave, i will be requesting my money back from tomorrow as i did not have the time to do so before.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank eduardoaC3963EW
Reviewed 20 August 2020 via mobile

I arrived I saw that nothing was as if he saw! Old room! All in bad taste! Horrible faucet! Clean 0, horrible beach! Bad beach bar! Perfect restaurant! Then the old pool, always dirty! Bad organization! I believe in exchange needs, in general!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank 669fabianan
Reviewed 17 August 2020

We've been very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff at Villa Ottone. We weren't guests at the hotel, but we returned several times for aperitivo and a small family reunion. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate you and the choice of drinks is remarkable for the island, it reminded us of the London bar experience. That, doubled by live music, the beautiful sunset with view over Portoferraio, makes for a great experience. Surely there are many more things to explore if you're a guest at the hotel, but we felt spoiled anyway. Totally recommended!

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank A21lecs
Reviewed 28 June 2020

We booked a junior suite for a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday stay, costing per night € 369.00 . It was advertised that our junior suite with a camera matrimoniale (which in reality had two beds put together), and was also advertised the suite had a panoramic seaview, which in reality had 2 large windows viewing the restaurant and courtyard, not the sea!!. The staff were wonderful, the daily breakfast and parking were included in the rate which it was the least to be expected. Aside from that, we felt we weren't given what we paid for. So, my advise to anyone staying in this place is: it's a beautiful location, good and attentive staff members but property and grounds didn't grant a € 369.00 per night! We paid that amount to at least have a view!! I won't recommend for myself or others in the future.

Room tip: Be aware that even if you paid top money, you won't get a seaview...!
Date of stay: June 2020
4  Thank Monica H
Reviewed 29 September 2019

The hotel is set in what must be the most beautiful part of Elba. It has its own beach and a lovely pool. The hotel grounds are magnificent, the main bar is very grand with views over the bay. They have a bar at the pool and on the beach as well both serving fantastic food. The breakfast is great loads of choice the evening dinner is among the best I’ve ever had.
Hotel reception staff very nice and the hotel is very clean.
Bar staff and waiting staff fantastic.
The only disappointment is the Matre ‘d, made it plain he didn’t like the English and was bordering on rude.

Date of stay: September 2019