See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed four nights on a business travel. Upon arrival I found used items in bathroom an poorly cleaned table. Complained and no action same day. Next was not emptied waste basket and uncleaned used glass. Reception said they were sorry and blamed staff. Felt they did not take full responsibility for the guest experiece. Collegue of mine had same experiece. Cannot recommend this hotel, and I do not want to return!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
sandy_1909_11, Responsabile reception at Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

we apologise for what you say. When you came to the reception the next morning to your arrival you told me that you wanted to have a deep cleaning in room 103. It is my duty to check before giving instructions to our cleaner and with much surprise I found that the room was cleaned. The only thing left was the shaver in the bathroom,which could have been yours.Anyway I told the cleaner to clean the room deeply and this cleaning was done appropriately.On the third morning I asked you if everything was ok and you said it wasn't because you found your glass on the bed side table.
We Madam, do our job the better we can but there are some strict people who are never satisfied.
We invite you to be with us again for another pleasant stay with us
best regards

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I'm gonna start to say the young girls in the recception are super nice and very very helpful. The The 2 young girls at reception are very super nice.
Always smiling and very welcoming helpful. So they deserve 5 stars for their way of greeting guests. BUT.....It's definitely not a 4 star hotel.
The rooms are good size and bathrooms also but that's it. And by the reception downstairs the toilet was full of somebody's washing ( male undies) hanging to dry when I wanted to use it....wrong and disgusting whoever did that!! It not acceptable ( I have up of that) so didn't use the toilet!
In room : Shower is awful, the water stream is likes sharp needles on your body and head and there's now way to control it, you try to turn it down it stops , turn it up it's like very sharp needles. I wonder if the staff even have had a shower there. Awful! The bathroom is full of mould here and there....
(I have picture) toilet seat is dirty inside yellow!
( pic also) and there's a written note " don't lock the toilet door"
Why? What happens if I do( it's called privacy) the pillows in the bed are absolutely horrible , hard as bricks and really heavy( needs to be change to proper soft and nice pillows) neck is really hurting after a very bad night sleep. The air conditioning is NOT working, even tho owners says it does. We had our windows closed and it wouldn't come on(have a video of that too) so it's only total lie about the air conditioning. It is definitely control from reception. The cleaning is not done as it should, my 5 year old does a better job! You can hear everything through the walls, the rooms are not very well soundproof.
The breakfast and breakfast room:
Well , for a 4 star hotel it's under criticism.
The room is small, the yoghurts are standing in room temp and they are warm and disgusting to eat. And after breakfast probably put back to refrigerator and out again next day. Bacteria risk. No toaster , no nice different bread to choose from, no bowls with for example melon cuts, strawberries, mixed fruit cocktail to eat with yoghurt. The ham slices are small scraps on a plate and no there's are good choices for cold cuts to put on the bread. Neither no sliced tomatoes or sliced cucumbers or any other veggies, even tho there's a nice market outside hotel 2 days a week where that could be bought by hotel and served at breakfast. No scramble eggs, no bacon or beans in tomato sauce , no warm food, doesn't take much effort to do some warm food and have it some containers to keep it warm and fill it
when it goes empty. Breakfastrooms need update! Not recommend this hotel!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
sandy_1909_11, Responsabile reception at Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

We have read and make excuses for not having satisfied you. We have many clients in our hotel but nobody has humiliated us the way you have.We have not received any claimance by you and so it was almost impossible to help you in your needs. As for the toilet on the ground floor we inform it is private . You had yours in room 52 and every day you wanted to go to ours. We do not know why.The notice on the door says to close the toilet because it is private.As for the air condition we inform in Italy the system is still on the central heating because with 6 degrees outside and the temperature going down we prefer people to be warm instead of being cold.Room 52 anyway is fresh and no air condition is needed.As for the yogurth we inform in Italy we have nutritional controls and the yougurth did not have time to be stored back again because everyday 70 yogurths were eaten by the clients in the breakfast hall.We inform the toaster is in the breakfast hall :it is next to the juices. Then for all the other things we inform we have been hotel runners for so long and in Italy people working in this sector have nutritional rules to follow that in other countries they do not even imagine.We just know that we have left the breakfast hall open for a time longer than usual : from 06.30 to 10.00 with continuous service and fuss going around. We invite you to come back in Minerva for an even better time with us
best regards

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

They say that it is 4 star but only 2 star maybe. Location is good according to what you are looking for. We were there for fair and hotel is closed to fair by car.
Rooms are very old. Pillows are not good. There is an old blanket on the bed and doesn't make you feel clean. It was cold when we were there and air conditioning system was not working. There was central heating in the rooms but it was not working till morning. There is 3rd class shaving kit in bathroom but there is no slipper. So do not forget your own slipper.
Generally stuff is good, polite and helpful which is the only good thing at the hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
sandy_1909_11, Responsabile reception at Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

dear sirs,
we are in front of a bad translation that does not allow us to understand your feeling.For example you say it was cold and you declare that the air condition was not working (this statement is not clear enough).You say you were here for the Sicam trade Fair but the car was not allowed to the car park (we do not have any gate barrier).You say there was central heating but it was not working (we do not understand if you needed fresh air or warm air). You actually speak badly of the shaving kit as well ,which is ordered in many other hotels in town.
Sorry but we do not understand. We just think you were not well with us because of the title of your whole message.
We invite you to come back here and speak directly to me for all your personal requests.
I will do the maximum to comply with your requirements
have a nice day

Reviewed 18 February 2016

In my first room the shower was not tight after some minutes the entire bath was under water, also the promised "massage-function" was not working at all due to the limestone in the massage jets.

After that I got a new room, also there the infrastructure was very old, at least the shower was working.
The rooms are poorly soundproofed the service at the reception is very unfriendly when I told them about the poorly soundproofeed room I had the woman told me I hear ghosts!

After that impudence I was changing for an expensive extra fee charged by the hotel Minerva to the Best Western Park hotel in Pordenone which is much better and really deserves its 4 stars!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
sandy_1909_11, Responsabile reception at Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2016

Dear Sir,
I remember you quite well and I remember that you were moved immediately to another single room soon after telling us of the drainage. I personally checked the shower drainage afterwards and saw water did not create flooding at all,as You assert.You were strict with me at the reception asking for things to be done immediately and treated me without cortesy.As for the sounds,since I knew nobody was next to Your room on the same floor I allowed myself to tell You nobody could be heard arund and now You say I told You that You heard "ghosts" . Probably it is Your misunderstanding because of the language.
If You want to crticisise us You are free to say that .I personally think Your impoliteness is totally clear to everybody when You disdainfully hit our hotel to qualify other hotels.
Anyway our courtesy in Hotel Minerva is so wide that we invite You again in our Hotel for a second chance.
very sincerelly

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Originally I was allocated a tiny 'cupboard' of a bedroom (a single room) and changed to a larger one that was available (at extra cost) that smelt of 'old things'.
The air conditioning is ridiculous as it is NOT controlled in the room (even though you think you are!) but by reception (who often would turn it off at night so you wake up really hot).
Not great by a long way. Cheaper and better hotels really closely.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
sandy_1909_11, Responsabile reception at Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We are sorry for your bad stay in Hotel Minerva. We inform the air conditioning works perfectly and at night nobody is allowed to turn the system off. Probably the system stands by for a few seconds when the temperature you have registered in the room is fixed. As for your going from a single into a larger twin bedded roomit is something we do for accomodating our Guest better and we do not ask him any extra charge for the service.
We invite you to Hotel Minerva again to let you have a better stay .
We thank you for your comment because we can do our best