All reviews hotel room in advance stunning views amadeo marco harbour boat island
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We booked a room with a view and were not let down, easily the best view I’ve ever had!
Rooms are a little basic and a bit bare, the wardrobes are not sufficient for two people. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet...
The breakfast patio was usually a little to hot and not enough shaded. The breakfast itself, considering we are in Italy, was surprisingly good. It had all the Italian breakfast pastries as well as yoghurts and bread for those of us who like to eat a piece of toast or make a sandwich to start the day off.
The pool area is beautiful, the pool a bit small but enough for a refreshing dip post ocean frolicking.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent service provided by Alessio, Marco and Angelo. All your help was very opportune to make from my visit to Ponza a great experience.

Hotel is very nice and conveniently located for all activities

Thanks all!!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

The staff was friendly. The rooms are nice but not what you would expect for the price, but typical for Italy. My favourite feature is the pool area with lounge chairs and the breathtaking views! We liked it enough but we would try a different hotel when we come back to Ponza.
There is no restaurant, just a bar, but it’s worth going to the local restaurants.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Interesting to read the reviews before we went and those posted since. I would say we were disappointed. The website does a very good job of marketing the hotel. Essentially. it needs a lot spending on the structure to make it better as its all rather tatty in places - faded charm would be about right. The views are stunning, the breakfast average and the room we found fairly basic with an annoying door that was difficult to open and close. It wasn't dirty but neither was it immaculately clean. The worst part of the room was the dampness - we slept in a bed where every night the pillows and sheets were damp, due I think ,to some issue with the high humidity in the room. It was not pleasant and I slept all week with a towel on my pillow. The pool is nice, some of the terrace furniture was a bit past it. There are a number of different reception staff all of whom were pleasant without ever being engaged. Dealing with reception was a bit like being dealt with at a Post Office window. When we checked out the lady receptionist dealt with the bill, said all was settled and then moved on. There was no goodbye or hoping we had had a pleasant stay, neither was there any offer of a lift to the port with our bags. I could have asked but I feel the onus is on a hotel charging these prices to be pro-active. When we booked there was no information supplied in advance about contacting the hotel for a lift up from the port. In the end we walked with our cases as we're both fit and well. In the rooms there is no information booklet which we felt is strange nowadays, neither is there much information on display at reception.
Ponza is a beautiful island but we discovered there are plenty of good B and B options and smaller hotels on the island as well. If we were to return we would explore these options for accommodation. This hotel could be something special but it needs major investment and a culture change in the organisation to get repeat business.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Ponza is one of our favorite islands in Italy. Hotel Torre dei Borboni was a perfect place to stay for me and my children, age 12 n 14. It was close to town and the port. The family room on the top floor we got had an amazing view. It brought us peace and joy to open that window every morning. You have to walk up hill to get there, but it’s easier than other viewers had written about. Not problem for the luggage, call them in advance and friendly Amadeo will be there with his smile. The rest of the staff was very nice and helpful. I did have a problem with the water in the sink like other people wrote, but my room was very clean. Breakfast and aperitive is a must in the terrace, where you get the most amazing view. Be careful with the birds that can still your croissant in a second!
We’ll be back!