Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I recently spent four nights at Villa San Simone and had an enjoyable stay. We rented the basement apartment which suited our needs very well. The views from our private garden as well as those from the pool were outstanding and really make you feel as if you were are square in the middle of Tuscany. The Villa is well located in terms of being able to provide easy access to a Pistoia, Florence, Luca, and Cinque Terre. After sightseeing every morning our afternoons were spent lounging at the pool overlooking the Tuscan countryside debating which wonderful restaurant we are going to dine at in the evening. This accommodation comes highly recommended by us and we certainly hope to return the future!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank newenglandtravel73
Reviewed 26 April 2015

I found the room very comfortable with everything that I needed for my short stay, the property was easy to find and conveniently located for the local town of Pistoia and the surrounding attractions.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2015

This was my second visit to Villa San Simone and, as before, the welcoming owners took wonderful care of me. The villa is located in a lovely setting in the hills overlooking Pistoia and provides a peaceful and comfortable setting for those wishing to explore this part of Tuscany. Pistoia is an attractive town with many restaurants and bars and a good market . It is convenient for visits by train to Florence and Lucca and the 'Gulf of Poets' can be reached in about an hour and a half by car.

Within the villa are several individually designed apartments of varying size with every modern convenience and high quality fittings, perfect for self-catering. Lidia is also an excellent cook, should you be fortunate enough to sample her food. There is a beautifully kept swimming pool available in the summer.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank threejays7
Reviewed 6 April 2015

We used Villa San Simone as a base while visiting Pistoia over a long weekend to view its historic buildings and to practise the Italian language. The owners are a kind and welcoming retired couple who were perfect hosts for our short stay. The Villa's elevated position in the hills to the north of Pistoia endow it with lovely views over the surrounding countryside. A Tuscan gem!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Totally stunning Villa's, so much character & very picturesque, very quiet location, breath taking views. We did hire a car to get around which was handy. I would definitely go again. Great hospitality, great food, we were very well looked after. Great selection of apartments. My visit was to embrace the cuture while continuing to learn the Italian language and my stay here played a massive part in making the experience complete. Grazie Mille a Lidia e Sandro.

Date of stay: March 2015