“Very good food, excellent service ”

Ristorante Al Pozzo Etrusco da Giovanni
Ranked #1 of 176 Restaurants in Orvieto
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Highly recommendable. Very good food, nice service. Excellent option for a dinner in Orvietto. They made good recommendations.. Excellent chocolate volcano as dessert

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Al Pozzo Etrusco da Giovanni

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We stayed in Orvieto one night and i really wanted to eat here. We nipped over to the restaurant after the lunch service on a Saturday and booked the last table for dinner, we did not regret it.
The food, service and wine was all excellent. We were really full after 2 courses but couldn't resist the deserts we saw coming out....and my was it delicious!
Mostly locals eating here which is always a good sign.
Highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I wont say you will eat badly here. The service is good as well, and they are responsive and friendly. However, we werent blown away by the food. We had the truffle pasta and the tagliata (beef) with pear...The beef was over cooked and the flavors of everything were just so-so. Definitely not a bad meal by any means, but not great either.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I had a day trip here and our driver kindly made lunch reservations for us. Usually, when you see that a restaurant is #1, or very popular, well, you question it. And while food tastes are subjective, let me tell you, this restaurant serves excellent food! There were 4 in my travel party.

We split the cheese plate - it was so very good. Giovanni's mother makes the blueberry jam with blueberries from his garden- my poor sister tried to convince him to let her purchase a jar - to no avail of course :). The tagliatelle with hare (rabbit) was excellent; the noodles were al dente and the rabbit was extremely flavorful. I had the pigeon (let me warn you that this takes a long time to cook, like 35+ minutes). It was well worth it - it was my first time having pigeon and it was very tender and tasty.

Unfortunately, we did not have time for dessert. I highly recommend this restaurant - it does live up to the hype (it's so nice when that happens).

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely sirloin with taleggio and truffle. Fantastic pecorino and truffle with local wine. Nice square, outside dining (pity for too many cars driving through). Food and wine absolutely recommended. Good service not too invasive but still friendly. Good place to be!!