“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I chose to eat here on a whim, drawn by its location which is just out of the main drag. I was thoroughly impressed by both the food and the service.

As the only English speaking diner at the time I felt privileged to share this local haunt and experience it's simple but elegant food.

I had the pate which was light and rich and complex with hints of orange, followed by ravioli with a pinch and risotto and a butter and walnut sauce - amazing!! Then a zucchini salad with rocket, grana, and a thick sweet balsamic.

I'd highly recommend eating here, the only downside is that there is no outdoor setting so you don't get to enjoy the stunning Orvieto scenery while you eat, but then I picked up a gelato to eat sitting in front of the duomo - so that made up for it.

There are newer reviews for L'Antica Rupe

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Highly recommend. Menu is limited, but I see that as a positive because they focus on making a few dishes very well. The daily specials are always intriguing and the service is friendly.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

from far the best pasta dish I have ever had and trust me I know all about pasta. the pizza has a very thin crust, was suspicious at first, but God how good it was good!
I totally recommend this place! Anastasia was an amazing host!! thank you!!

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

I went with my friend to have a dinner there! Super nice staffs(they can speak English!), delicious food!! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 23 December 2016

I had read the positive reviews so I expected something special, but what I got was so much more. All I ordered were ordinary dishes, gnocchi, eggplant, salad but what I received set new standards for what to expect. Lovely atmosphere. Helpful wait people. A very memorable meal in orvieto

1  Thank Ted49