“Authentic ”

Trattoria La Palomba
Ranked #11 of 182 Restaurants in Orvieto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We went to La Palomba upon suggestions of a friend of us . We were looking for an authentic restaurant with good and genuine food .
We have to thank our friend for her great suggestion. La Palomba is really authentic, great food and lovely service from the owner.
The Carbonara with Black Truffle is divine !!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)

Reviewed 15 July 2017

This is the real Trattoria as it should be. It's the second time we've been here. Great pasta, good main dishes, simple but good desserts. Their specialty is the pigeon (in olive sauce), but it's a very greasy dish, so better opt for the bistecca in the ortiche-sauce (stinging nettle sauce) or something else.
Friendly service, a cosy place.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

What a place. I was on my own, but treated like royalty. Staff are so friendly and attentive. They react to the slightest signal. Wine a touch too warm? Rectified immediately. Half portion? No problem. Cooking is excellent. Full of gusto. I sat and drank in the atmosphere. It was like watching a movie. Savoured every moment.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We dined here on the recommendation of two people. Firstly, the ability of the owner or his staff to speak and understand English is below par. As my wife does not eat beef or lamb, she ordered a pork chop off the menu, the only pork dish other than sausages which I already ordered. A little later we were advised her dish was not available so were forced to re-examine the menu. When her first course arrived (spaghetti with standard tomato sauce) the waiter never brought the usual parmesan cheese, a first in my Italian experience. When upon leaving I tried to tell the owner I was not happy with my dining experience he never listened but exploded in an emotional outburst.
Service is impersonal and aloof.
I am sure you can dine better and with an owner and staff who believe the customer should be listened to.

1  Thank sjman41
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Nice trattoria in Orvieto. My husband had a flank steak with red wine sauce and I had pasta with cinghealle and these were very good. We house wine was ok. A lot of locals on the place which is a good sign. Service was good. I can recommend this trattoria if you are in Orvieto.