“Lovely place”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere in here is lovely. The food on offer at lunchtime was delicious. Typical Umbrian cuisine with a selection of truffle dishes and also rabbit and wild boar amongst the usual tomato, bacon dishes. The house wine was good - we had a litre carafe and the puddings were also delicious. The service was good too. Our children also gave it the thumbs up although they are older at 11, 13 and 15. Really good, highly recommend it

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Very lucky to get a table on the off chance. Delicious food; great local wine; friendly waitresses. Very good value. We'll be back very soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I had one of the best meals in Italy in this very restaurant. The gnocchi with spinach, truffle and bacon was amazing. They only use fresh local produce, probably like many places in Italy, and it showed. It gets very busy so make sure you book ahead if you have a big party. I was travelling solo and I came just before the rush hour so I just managed to get a table.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Fine food served in a quaint garden setting. Food and service fine. Moderate prices. Menu could offer a bit more but what is offered is wellm prepared

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Orvieto makes a living from tourism and so do most of the restaurants in the neighbourhood. Although La Pergola is really close to the Duomo, you still need to find it (I have been here before, and I still struggle). That is probably why there are not too many tourists (yet). I suspect there are more and more coming here, since we were directly addressed in English (OK, I do not look like an Italian, but still…).
My wife’s carpaccio was delicious, and so was my pasta with zucchini flowers, anchovy and truffle. My wife had the latter as a main course, whereas I had codfish with cherry tomatoes and a tomato sauce. Simple, but very tasteful. In addition to that, they have a very interesting wine list. And when in Orvieto, why not try the delicious Orvieto Classico?
The personnel was very friendly, and they started responding in Italian, even if they could here that ours was far from perfect.