“Very nice pasta, fresh ingredients”

Trattoria Tipica La pergola
Ranked #10 of 176 Restaurants in Orvieto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I had one of the best meals in Italy in this very restaurant. The gnocchi with spinach, truffle and bacon was amazing. They only use fresh local produce, probably like many places in Italy, and it showed. It gets very busy so make sure you book ahead if you have a big party. I was travelling solo and I came just before the rush hour so I just managed to get a table.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Fine food served in a quaint garden setting. Food and service fine. Moderate prices. Menu could offer a bit more but what is offered is wellm prepared

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Orvieto makes a living from tourism and so do most of the restaurants in the neighbourhood. Although La Pergola is really close to the Duomo, you still need to find it (I have been here before, and I still struggle). That is probably why there are not too many tourists (yet). I suspect there are more and more coming here, since we were directly addressed in English (OK, I do not look like an Italian, but still…).
My wife’s carpaccio was delicious, and so was my pasta with zucchini flowers, anchovy and truffle. My wife had the latter as a main course, whereas I had codfish with cherry tomatoes and a tomato sauce. Simple, but very tasteful. In addition to that, they have a very interesting wine list. And when in Orvieto, why not try the delicious Orvieto Classico?
The personnel was very friendly, and they started responding in Italian, even if they could here that ours was far from perfect.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Recommended! Authentic regional food of high quality. Friendly and attentive service. Good value for money.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We went there for lunch. The staff is kind and the restaurant is setted nicely, especially the terrasse (la pergola). We had as entree' some bacon cooked with vinegar ( if I remember well) and it was very good and crispy. What didn't convince me were the first courses. The pasta with cinghiale (wild pork) and the pasta with vegetables were good but nothing special, and sincerely not very tasty. We had also the oven vegetables and the cinta senese (a variety of pork), and they were both good. The price was average.