“Delicous dishes - centre of Orvieto”
Review of Il Miglio

Il Miglio
Ranked #60 of 187 Restaurants in Orvieto
Reviewed 19 June 2018

My wife and 2 kids had lunch here. Great food and service - friendly and they really helped us with the kids bring paper and color pencils. This alone let us enjoy our lunch as the kids were chill.
The dishes are really well presented and the pizza and fish dish I had were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch here before the Orvieto underground
What can I say? Perfecto!
Bruschette Misto out of this world followed by a Maahoosive Pizza
Great service, great price
A not to be missed.......

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We had been eating at Il Miglio many times over the last year. The food is very good. The soup ate excellent, so are the pasta and pizzas. It one of the few restaurants in Orvieto that serve fresh fish.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We spent a very pleasant evening in a group of friends with great food, however, the acoustics was so poor it was impossible to follow conversation of people at your table. If the place wasn't full it would be probably different, but the restaurant isn't big so chances of having empty tables are quite slim. The vellutata di zucca was a great starter, buffalo tagliata was perfect, gnocchi great, but scampi absolutely overcooked so - shell was so soft it was impossible to break them and inside the scampi meat totally squashed... seemed already liquified...the dinner ended nicely with castagne arrosto, and all in all, it was a very pleasant experience

Reviewed 30 July 2017

After passing Il Miglio yesterday and checking out the menu, we decided to return this evening for dinner. What we noticed first, even before tasting a single bite, was the friendliness and hospitality of the place. The maitre'd was quick to provide an extra cushion for my sister, recovering from a back problem. Next, making a slight change in a menu item was no problem, proving that the food was made to order. Then, we were given a sample of the breaded, deep fried algae with the chef's version of guacamole. That was certainly and delicious first for me. When my entre arrived (actually a primi, but substantive enough to count as dinner), and I cut into the ravioli, dabbed it with the sausage-laced amatriciana sauce, and carried the fork to my mouth, I was completely knocked over. One expects layers of flavor in Italian sauces; they are masters at building delicate variations, high notes and low, through a careful cooking process. This sauce, wonderfully cooked, combined with the soft richness of the ricotta stuffing, created a total taste experience. These were the best ravioli I had had in decades.