“They all look alike”

Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Ortisei
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018

All the restaurants around here (on top of the gondolas) have the same food selection and the food tastes the same.
Do not expect anything different from any other places around here. Price, quality and variety are exactly the same.

1  Thank Bruno D

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here with the family, 3 kids and 4 adults, on a wednesday night when the cable car is running.

The staff were friendly and the set up was very nice, especially the gesture of offering us a drink upon boarding the gondola.

However, when we got to the restaurant, we found a small band of three elderly gentlemen loudly playing the accordion, the trumpet and the guitar and wearing traditional costumes. Apart from the fact that they were not locals and they were not playing local songs (which was just weird...what's "O sole mio" doing being sung atop of a snowcapped mountain?), the fact is that they were extremely loud and not very good. We could not talk for most of the evening, the kids got grumpy very quickly and the whole experience ended up being quite unpleasant.

The food? It was ok, but far from great. The canederli I tried were not fresh, while the Gulasch I had to follow was average.

It's a shame, as I can see that this place is probably very nice during the day, but as it is, I would stay clear of it for the night.

1  Thank toninarocks
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Good food,hot raspberries and ice cream were amazing. The view of the Dolomites from our round table was fantastic.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Fun experience being a healthy mix of Italian and Austrian influence of language, cuisine and atmosphere. Our meal was very good and well served potato-mushroom soup, and cheese polenta with sausage and fungi. Our waitress was friendly and engaging and spoke 3 languages which made of a lot of fun. And of course the beer was good too.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We had lunch here after hiking the Alpe di Siusi. There is a large terrace with picnic benches. The benches even have blankets in case you get chilled. My husband and I shared a huge plate of speck, grilled peppers and fried mozzarella. It was beyond amazing. I also had a delicious potato and mushroom soup while my husband enjoyed a wurstel and pomme frite. Everything is so delicious and we are stuffed but can't pass up a delicious strudel with ice cream.
Our server tells us that there is a Wednesday night "nite ride" from Ortisei to Mont Seuc the next night and the restaurant will be open. The nite rides give one the opportunity to see the Dolomites at sunset so we immediately make a reservation. When we arrived at the gondola for the nite ride we were presented with glasses of prosecco and skewered fruit. How romantic! The sunset was obscured since it was overcast but the restaurant again did not disappoint. I enjoyed spinach stuffed ravioli and my husband had a melt in your mouth steak. A wonderful group of 3 musicians entertained during dinner. It was an unforgettable evening! One of the best restaurants on our entire trip!

1  Thank NashMcGee