All reviews the hotel shuttle bus beautiful hotel this family run hotel half board val gardena generations skiing spa slopes dinner garage tub comfort courses summer dolomites
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had pleasant stay at Hotel Luna Mondschein. The place is decorated with taste, all wood including our the large room. The breakfast was very good, the cofee exceptional.
I should not forget the friendly and usefull staff.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I have stayed in this family run hotel 3 times (12 nights in total) and I took the half-pension all 3 times--which I highly recommend. All 12 of my dinner meals were excellent with several choices for each course. The service was also professional and friendly. This is an excellent property and very well maintained. I highly recommend staying here while you are in Ortisei.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank larrypeterman
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Very pleased with our stay here. Exceeded our expectations and would return. Whilst not in centre of town it is only a five minute walk. Staff were friendly and happy to give advice. The meals were exceptionally good.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street on the second top floor, which meant that our room was under the gable; which gave us a very high ceiling and made the room even more spacious.
Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I've been to this hotel twice now...Generally a nice hotel; very clean but a little dated; family run; Some good things about it and then some small things that drove me nuts.

Positives: Very clean; they do a good job at making your ski experience nice; while it isn't a ski in/ski out, the driver takes you to the foot of the gondola. Very easy. Located very close to town. Food was generally good.

Areas to improve upon: Internet was very slow almost impossible to use at times. Room was small. Staff and service was a bit of a hit and miss - some of them were outstanding and there were many who were not too interested; after dinner cocktails or coffees could only be served in the bar not in the dining room(which was frustrating). The hotel is dated but I understand that there are plans for updating/renovation in the next year.

Room Tip: The rooms vary; I was in a smaller room with a very small window. There are many units with balconies which might be better.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2017

The lovely welcome our group got when we first set foot inside this hotel set the tone for the whole stay. Every member of staff was kind and helpful without being sycophantic or smarmy. Our bedroom was roomy and spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. There were some lovely touches like free wifi in the bedrooms, a walk in wardrobe and moveable focussed reading lights by the bed so you could read without disturbing your partner.
The spa was beautiful with several different rooms - Turkish, Finnish sauna and a scented steam room with a twinkly roof that changed colour. Also a selection of different showers including surround so you could have a cold immersion shower or a warm relaxing one. The pool was small but its unusual shape meant you could swim round in circles rather than doing laps if you wished. There was plenty of recliner chairs for relaxing afterwards. I had a reflexology treatment while I was there which was extremely thorough so I wished I booked a massage too but ran our of time.
The downside of the location is that its not ski-in ski-out but the extremely efficient shuttle bus takes you to the gondola of your choice with the minimum of fuss.
This year the snow has been pretty poor all over the region but the locals have worked extremely well to keep the pistes as near perfect as possible given the conditions. By the end of the week we spent the areas between the pistes were pretty much completely brown but despite +C temperatures most of the pistes were in pretty good condition thanks to a decent base of artificial snow.
The village is very pretty and I was glad I took my camera, particularly as I went on a half day photography workshop organised by the local tourist information. Well worth doing if you fancy doing something other than skiing for part of your holiday.
Ortisei is not on the Sella Ronde so you have to get to Selva by skiing or by bus before you're on the circuit. However there is plenty of skiing around Ortisei itself for intermediate skiiers though its worth getting a copy of the local ski map as the main sella ronde one is rather too vague for the local area.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple