US$250
US$237
Hotel Fontermosa(Orbetello)
US$207
US$199
Affitacamere I Leoncini(Fonteblanda)(Great Value!)
US$86
La Valentina Nuova(Talamone)(Great Value!)
Corte dei Butteri(Fonteblanda)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain issuecamping experiencegreat familypool areanice campingstagehomesreptentpoolsanimationbungalowjacuzzitoiletsite
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Positive: Happy Camp Staff was very kind and always helpful. Good service ! For families the camp is great every animation and sports. Beach was easy to reach - 10 min. Good options if you travel with dog, dog beach, shower, agility parcour.
Negative: The most important: The tents of Happy Camp were very, very, very close to the busy road. It was so loud that we will not book this place again. The rest like too loud and every day repeating animation were to my opinion minor.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Excellent camping, silent, yet still life, wonderful beach. It's a real kids paradise.
On the nearby Argentario island you can enjoy great excursions.
It is a great starting point for a trip to Rome or Pisai

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Csaja Z
Reviewed 26 July 2017

the location is ok,the tens locatie is very good.
swimming pool is good.the camping is nere the see and there are lounge-chair.
and a shop ,and thre is entertainment for the children,and there is a bus stop near by.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I'm so glad our experience was so much better than the last reviewer!

We booked at lodgetent via Selectcamp. It was much better than I anticipated as I'd never stayed in a tent before. My family insist that I still haven't had the 'proper' camping experience as tents don't usually come with a roll-top bath, a four-poster bed and a power shower (and it was a great shower by the way!). However, it's as close to camping as I'm prepared to get!

The Selectcamp Rep was pleasant but we didn't see anyone from that Company from then until the morning we left (although, in fairness, we never needed to seek them out either).

During the week we were there (the first week in July) we never actually met any one else from an English speaking country. This is absolutely not a complaint it's just unusual enough to point out. It can be a bit intimidating initially for children but they soon forget about it and find plenty of other means of communication! There is children's entertainment every night at a stage in the restaurant area. All Italian of course but they had a good variety of things for the kids. On various nights they had a talent show, a comedian and a foam party.

The central space is well organised. The shop, bar and restaurant all look out on to the main stage where the entertainment is. The shop is better stocked than many campsite shops and not too badly priced considering that they have a monopoly. The bar also serves snacks and ice-cream. As for the restaurant, well ..... We went the first night we arrived as we were hungry from our long drive and did not want to drive anywhere else. My husband and son got pizzas and my daughter and I got seafood boxes. The food was perfectly prepared and very enjoyable. When we finished it took as about 20 minutes to flag down a waiter to get menus for dessert and another half an hour for anyone to come back to get our drink and dessert order. An hour and 15 minutes later we gave up. My husband when to the cash desk to pay the bill and was charged for the drinks and desserts that never arrived. When he explained this he was told that they would remove the items (good of them!) and that this occasionally happened when you arrived right in the middle of the busiest dining period. My husband pointed out to them that we were the first people into the restaurant when it opened but she just smiled and shrugged.

While we were in the restaurant (and we were there a LONG time!) we observed that there were two waiters who simply did not stop. They worked incredibly hard but along side them there were several waiters and waitresses who seemed to make an art out of hiding and avoiding doing any work. Basically, the restaurant is pretty badly managed which is a shame as the food (what we actually got) was good.

You can also gets snacks from the bar at the pool area. This is a nice space but I think the camp management are missing a bit of a trick here. The area is separated from the pool area by hedges. I think it would be used much more if it was opened up and people could have a drink while watching their children splash about.

The pool area is immaculate. One of the best kept that I have seen. There are two large pools for kids and then three decent sized jacuzzi pools for over 14's (they are understandably strict about this). There are always lifeguards there that at very 'on the ball'. It was never busy when we were there as the beach is right beside the site too. They also charge you for sunbeds which might have something to do with that!

Cars are parked outside the tent / caravan area so it is very safe for kids. It is a lovely area and your own transport is definitely needed as it's certainly off the beaten track.

Our experience was that this is a very clean, family-friendly site.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank LesleyEM22
Reviewed 14 September 2016

It was our second family camping experience, not as good as first one (see my other review), but still good. We went there with our 3 children aged 1,3 and 6. pitch was sand and dusty - so everything we had was a little bit dirty all the time. on the other hand - it was pleasantly shady.
there are 2 pools and one playground (also sandy/dusty), so not so much to do with children. staff is mostly terrible - bored and angry that they work there (maybe even angry that they are alive?). do not expect them to smile;)
there is supermarket - prices are ok. one restaurant - if you ignore staff attitude its ok, but if you look at waiters attitude, dirty shoes, hair, etc, moreover, almost all staff is I would say under 25 or even less, so I wonder who has ther eany experience to cook/deal with some matters? so you can imagine what happens in the kitched. after I spotted all that, we stopped eating there.
coffe at bar is ok, but its definetly not close to other you can buy in Italy at same price
toilest are clean, we were there in beggining of september and there was not problem with finding available one, but I imagine that in high season you will stand and wait for your turn.
you can do the loundry there for 4 euro or something, so you do not have to bring all your things there.
beach is ok, you have to cross street to reach it, but I can live with that. water is quite ok. nearby cities are lovely - I recommend trip to Pitigliano.

To summarize - I do not regret that I have been there, if you go to that region I can recommend it, but I will not go there second time.

Room Tip: Our pitch was sandy/dusty, but with great amount of shade. Maybe you can ask for some good pitch before you go.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family