See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Typical hill town hotel...part of the old village ...simple decor... but Italian antique....the best part was opening the shutters and having the incredible view of the Italian countryside. Just like in the movies! Conveint walk to many local restaurants...just be prepared for uphill hikes...as Montepluciano is a hill top town. The hotel perfectly mey my needs...not luxury...but plenty of old world charm!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Very beautiful view from my room BUT no AC and 140 euro for 3 people !
I think that the owner should at least include the breakfast for this price.
The room are old but clean.

Do not go in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarounette25
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel is not as advertised and not what we expected for over 1,000 Euros. We booked a suite expecting it to be better than a standard room, it was dark, uninviting and awful. In fact it is nothing more than a rented room with a white fridge in the middle of it. The bed was very uncomfortable and there were no soft furnishings, just 2 small hard childrens chairs. Add to this next door's toilet which sounded like it was in our room, constant traffic noise from 0530 in the morning, no airconditioning (1,000Euros remember) we were glad to leave at the end of our stay. We mentioned our distisfaction when we paid but our comments were ignored. We always see the better side of "shabby chic" but this was plain shabby. Someone should take resposibility for this, it's a rip off. I doubt we can get any money back but maybe I can stop others being conned. Montepulciano is a delightful town though.

Room Tip: Go to a different establishment, seriously!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CameronTwells
Reviewed 26 May 2010

This was the only truly dreadful hotel we stayed in in Tuscany. Any hope of salvaging any "charm" from this tired place was dashed by the inept and rude management. The manager refused to return our passports to us after we checked in, unless we paid the full (two-day stay) bill in advance, claiming that some other clients in the past left without paying their bills and that retaining guests' passports was this hotel's standard practice. After one night in this cigarette-smoke-ridden rattrap, we checked out early with passports in hand. Never again. So sorry, this is an exception in Tuscany.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Welltravelled044
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This is a very cute and tiny boutique hotel in the center of Montepulciano. The rooms are decorated with antiques and are clean. For the money, I think it is a pretty decent value for Italy in comparison to other places we stayed in Italy. I did smell cigarette smoke several times during our stay, so I'm not sure if the hotel is non smoking or not. The owner was helpful and very nice but I was a little "taken back" that she asked for "cash" as payment on our departure. Most other hotels in Italy will offer a "discount" for clients who are willing to pay cash, unfortunately she didn't offer this to us.
There are cats who "hang out" in the hotel and also on the reception desk which I am usually "ok" with-because this is pretty commonplace in Europe. However, I am pretty sure that I smelled wafting cat pee a few times and I found this also to be pretty gross. I also thought the amount of traffic noise from the street was pretty loud, as our window faced a busy street leading into montepulciano. Once closed, the noise died off, but then you miss the fresh air.
The restaurant across the street from this hotel called Borgo Buio is excellent and you shouldn't miss it. I had some kind of luxurious truffle pasta there and I will remember it for the rest of my life.
Overall, a decent stay that suited our needs. If we go back to Montepulciano, I probably will also be looking into staying somewhere else. I'm sure that there are probably other establishments there that are non-smoking and don't have cats...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple