“As amazing as we'd imagined!”
Review of Villa Poggiano

Villa Poggiano
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Montepulciano
Reviewed 8 June 2014

From the minute we drove through the tree lined drive , we knew it would be as beautiful as we had imagined. We stayed 4 nights and as we drove off on our last day, I had serious regrets about not staying longer! We loved everything about it. It was so charming and beautiful. Every view was magnificent. The location was wonderful and each day it was easy to explore the beautiful near by towns and country side. Montepulciano was probably one of our favorite places. We loved the size and location of the town and the accessibility to other places. No matter where we went during the day, we ended up back in the small quaint town of Montepulciano for dinner at one of the many restaurants. The La Grotta was the best so try to eat there if you can. There were lots of wine tastings and wine bars, plus cheese shops and places to eat and many shops. FYI..The shops in all the towns all over Tuscany close by 7:30 or earlier, at least in May. There were many wineries to visit just outside of town. Our favorite was the Poliziano winery. Stefania and the other staff were so kind and helpful. They booked our reservations and gave us directions! I cannot recommend this place enough! It is wonderful in every way and they take such care with the property and with the guests. We were in the Junior suite, room 2, and it was large and very nice. I got to have a peek at most of the rooms and they are all lovely so you can't go wrong! We hope to return some day and stay longer next time! Thank you Stefania and staff for making our stay as awesome as possible!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laws62
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Mrs Law62,

I would like to thank you and your husband to have been our guest during your recent stay in May and of course thank you very much to share your experience at the villa and in our beautiful area with the large community of Trip advisor

I hope you will be back to villa poggiano if you came back to Montepulciano

Kind regards
stefania and staff

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was our sixth stay at Villa Poggiano and each one has gotten better. We stayed for a over a week with our family this spring. The location, with a panoramic view of the Tuscan hillsides, is an added benefit to the luxurious and well-appointed rooms at the Villa. It has been many years since our first stay but the property remains fresh and well maintained, much like our first visit in the first year it was opened.

The best part of visiting the Villa is the cordial welcome and excellent service provided by Stefania (the owner) and her staff. A traditional European breakfast is served daily that is supplemented with fresh baked tortes and cakes and made to order eggs (for us Americans which my family loved!). The warmth of the fire in the hearth (it was a cool Spring) was overshadowed by Stefania’s never-ending warmth. All hotels have beds, baths, the like, but what distinguishes Villa Poggiano is the warmth and service that she provides. We will be back and recommend this property without reservation!

Room Tip: Take a room in the main villa and splurge on a suite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JohnASeattle
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear MR John,

I am very positively surprised to see your review, I did not expected since you have been already so many times and already reviewed us.

But of course this make me very very happy. After 6 times here, you and your wife are not just guest but friends and I was honored that this time your son and daughter in law enjoyed a trip to Italy with you

Thank you for your words wich I report: " All hotels have beds, baths, the like, but what distinguishes Villa Poggiano is the warmth and service that she provides" and I had: the effort of all my staff. Without a good team of people that try to do the best every day , Villa Poggiano will be nothing, and I am 100% agree that even if we are in 2014 and it seems that everything depend by internet and the social network etc, I believe that personal and true relation between people make the difference
I want to keep Villa Poggiano small and with a friendly and welcoming style, this give me the opportunity to know my guest wich are all of them fantastic.

Thank you Mr John and see you in 2015
sincerely Stefania

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My wife and I visited as part of a two location trip to Tuscany for the first time. We were overwhelmed with the expansive period suite we were given and the welcome from Stefania was helpful and her advice in planning days out or evening meals really helped us maximise our enjoyment of the region. In fact, all the staff were efficient and discreet but still there when you wanted something. Breakfast is something to behold with good variety and home made temptations. (Asunta's baking skills are considerable!). The location is also very good for touring the area and we thoroughly recommend Villa Poggiano for a quiet, romantic break.

Room Tip: Room 3 is the one to ask for!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Mr Barry R,
thank you very much for your lovely review about your stay at the villa and to have choosen Villa Poggiano during your stay in montepulciano .
I am very happy that your first time in MOntepulciano has satisfy your expection
I hope to guest you again when you will came back to montepulciano
Kind regards
stefania

Reviewed 1 May 2014

If your dream is to stay in a Tuscan villa surrounded by beautiful countryside, Villa Poggiano is the place. It is like stepping into a postcard. Both the property and villa are beautiful. Sleeping at night is quiet and peaceful. Stefania Savini, the owner/manager, and her staff, are wonderful. The fabulous breakfast we ate every day was served in a beautiful building on the property.

The Villa is less than 2 km from Montepulciano and all of its excellent restaurants recommended by Stefania. Want to go wine tasting? Stefania knows the owners of some excellent wineries and can set you up. We liked one so much we had some wine shipped home.

We stayed 6 nights and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Email Stefania at the hotel website and ask her.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip Q
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Mr Philip Q.,

thank you very much for your generous review. We are at the beginning of our 2014 season and your is the first review of the season this give me new positive energy

I am been very happy that you have enjoy our villa during your stay in MOntepulciano and I really hope that you will be back

Sincerely
Stefania

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I had the privilege of returning for our 4th stay at Villa Poggiano! The ever gracious Stefania now treats us as members of her family - albeit family members who speak with a funny accent! Per our request and as in past visits, Stefania had a marvelous bottle of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and two glasses waiting for us along with an exquisite floral arrangement that unfolded and became more glorious each day as did our visit. Stefania and her team make the extraordinary care of their guests combined with their hard work seem effortless...she is astonishingly gifted at this! During this stay we also learned more about the loving and meticulous restoration of Villa Poggiano. There is a marvelous patio on the side of the Villa that looks out over the most bucolic of settings where one evening my wife and I enjoyed two hours of peace and solitude while savoring a Tuscan sunset and a glass of wine. We never stop marveling at the exceptional location of this Tuscan jewel named Villa Poggiano because it is surrounded by Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Orvieto, Montefollonico as well as many other exquisite hill towns! This also makes for fantastic restaurant selections. However should the selection of your next Tuscan meal prove overwhelming, Stefania is there to help and advise every forkful and spoonful of the way! And so while we continually marvel at the loving and extraordinary restoration of Villa Poggiano it is the restoration of our souls that is most transforming and reminds us there are few places on earth we would rather be! We keep returning to Villa Poggiano not only because this is the ultimate Tuscan experience but it is also Tuscany at its very best! Bravissimo to our dear, dear friend Stefania!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TCKLouisville
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Mr TCKLousville,

it is such a unique privilege to guest you and your wife here. This is the 4th year that you are visiting us , and every year you bring new member of your family and all of them are nice as you and your wife.

I am happy that you start to feel part of the family , Villa Poggiano is like a small family and that arrived at your heart.

I hope to see you every year , until you will get tired of the villa .

A warm regard