All reviews beds were comfortable supermarket rome town balcony
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Montepuliciano is a wonderful small town in Tuscany. About an hour south of Siena, 2 hours from Rome. Not to be missed if you have time. Granducato is a fairly basic hotel but clean with friendly staff, a pizzeria and supermarket 5 mins away, 10 mins walk from entrance to old town, which is breathtaking. Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The room was clean and the bed comfortable,The bathroom was small and the shower was very tiny but the water was nice and hot.The breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary.The position was good for visiting the town ,Very odinary
but fine for me.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

we stayed here for only one night with our almost 2yrs old son.
on arrival the receptionist told us that we have to add 5€for the breakfast of our son which is absurd as my baby cannot even eat yet a whole croissant.
Our room is very small& outdated :curtain is broken ,there is no telephone , safe is broken and the tv is not functioning.
having without tel in the room we could not ask any assistance.
when we told the desk where is the tel ,the only answer is that room does not have indeed a telephone.
They dont even bother to ask if we would like to change the room.
very bad experience and we would not reccomend it most especially to those who have a baby like us.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

This was actually a nice stay. But some friends and I were going to have coffee. I went to the counter and waited 10 minutes before the lady came over ti help me. I asked for coffee and the only thing she said was they only serve their customers. Who ever heard of an Italian place refusing to serve coffee. Not only that, there was not a single person the lobby, not a single person drinking coffee, so it wasn't even like they were busy. Even if we were not hotel guest, they missed out on selling lots of coffee. So all this seemed like was the lady didn't actually want to make coffee. Silly to get annoyed at only coffee, but this really annoyed me. She could have turned an empty area into profit.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Didn't book anything in advance and unfortunately every place was full! Found this place on a drive by and took it as a last option. Thankfully only for one night. The room looked like it had been furnished from garage sales! Old and outdated. The bed has so old the mattress had lumps and slumps in it and it was so uncomfortable. The walls were so thin we could here the whole conversation of the couple next door and also the dubious pleasure of hearing them pee! The bathroom was ridiculously small and the shower cubicle was the smallest I have ever seen. I am only 5'4 115 pounds and I could hardly fit! The breakfast was well below average. The room wasn't expensive, but even so - we certainly did not leave having a feeling of value for price paid! The city made up for it, but our visit certainly would have been enhanced had we had nicer accommodations.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple