“Highly recommended”
Review of Bistro del Corso

Bistro del Corso
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Had dinner at this family-run Bistro on the recommendation of our 4* Hotel on the evening when the restaurant there closed. A place regularly used by locals. Fairly small - seated about 40 - so best to book, especially on a Friday or Saturday. Friendly welcome, good menu, well-cooked food - small kitchen so there can be quite a wait for main courses if they are busy - but worth the wait.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Nice place and friendly staff.
The food looks good but do not order a pizza. We waited 45 minutes and they were dry and covered in oil. Good oil? I have no idea; there was too much of it. Also the cheese was not so good.
Do go here. But not for a pizza.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a VERY enjoyable dinner at Bistro del Corso. Main server is a treat and runs a great small intimate dinning room and an enclosed eating area outside on a tight ship. It has an open kitchen for diners to enjoy the talents of the kitchen staff, including whom I presume is Nona and her wonderful creations. We shared a caprese salad to start. I immensely enjoyed the handmade papperadella with meat and mushroom sauce. I eat slow and this dish can easily turn into a glob as it cools off, not so here with Nona’s handmade pasta as the last noodle twirled around my fork as easily as the first! Delicious flavor! My husband was on the hunt for Ravioli tonight. They had what he was craving with multiple sauce choices, as with most of the pastas. He picked their red meat sauce to top it and declared it fit the bill after cleaning his plate clean with bread! (They served a bread basket and then another complimentary, fresh out of the oven crispy flatbread that was delightful! As well, gave my husband a complimentary house red glass of wine that he had ordered and very much liked, but the waitress refused to charge us for it at the end of the night, so gratzi!) We ordered and enjoyed their fried artichokes as well. To end the meal we shared a piece of what the waitress called “snow cake.” It too was top notch and unlike any cake we’ve had before-very yummy! My husband chased it with a yellow grappa as the waitress guided him to what she said was the better tasting grappa. She had also guided my dinner choice to the less expensive of my dilemmas to pick from and it was spot on, so trust her guidance as she isn’t looking to upsale you. Go to Bistro del Corso when you are in Montecatini-Terme as you won’t be sorry! Great food, quality, variety, service, atmosphere and price as our total bill was only €52! I only wish I had room for more and wasn’t departing in the a.m. so we could enjoy again, as everything ordered around us looked equally as top notch as our meal.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

The food was very good and fresh. Flori was an excellent server and "Mama" was a delight to watch. We had two meals here and enjoyed both. Found our favorite white wine here.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

That’s the family bistro with 83 old seniora Maria as cook, her son as designer and her daughter as manager. Food was simple and tasty. Pasta with meat and mushrooms was fresh and cake ‘from Nonna’ also
Tasty.
If you like simple and honest Italian house food that you surely should visit this place.