Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$872
CheapTicketsUS$1,252
FindHotelUS$1,085
getaroom.comUS$1,346
All reviews small balcony breakfast buffet definitely stay here again great town street parking top floor cleaning staff every morning the hotel is clean bellman florence wellness
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Have booked this hotel for my brothers wedding in June. My brother has had to cancel the wedding due to corona. I have paid the hotel in full on booking.com. I have approached the hotel to cancel this booking. They are refusing to accept free cancellation. They are applying a cancellation fee of € 774 Which is the whole fee paid anyway. Beware of this hotel and booking.com

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2020

I booked this hotel specifically for its spa, cause we planned to spend the afternoon in the pool with our 10 month old daughter who loves swimming in warm waters. At the check-in a front desk staff member told me that the spa didn’t allow people under 14, which I could understand (even if I strongly disagree with), the thing that really upsets us is that before booking I accurately read all the hotel website policies and this one IS NOT mentioned anywhere instead the lady lied to my face. The hotel all in all is nice, but considering we couldn’t use the amenities the price was way too excessive. A word of advice, don’t book a junior suite cause you can’t tell apart from a superior double but it costs considerably more. Good breakfast. Not coming back ever

Room tip: Stay away from junior suite, not worth it
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 21 February 2020 via mobile

My wife and I returned to this hotel after a nice 3-day visit in 2018. The hotel is clean, the breakfast is very nice, the young lady who works the breakfast room is awesome, and the cleaning staff is very kind. However, on the morning after the first day of our 3-day stay in a junior suite with spa access I spoke with the woman who checked us in and told her we needed to cut our stay short by a day to return home for a family matter. She said she’d have to speak with her manager because they require a 72-hour notice for a cancellation. I asked her to make sure she told the manager that we were returning customers and members of the hotel chain’s loyalty program, and she assured me she would. Several hours later I asked her if she spoke with the manager and she said he wasn’t available so she emailed him. I thought that was an odd response but I remained optimistic. Later that afternoon I again asked her if I would be able to leave the following morning without the $180 euro penalty and she said she still didn’t know but she’d call me as soon as she had an answer. She went off duty that evening and there was a different person at the desk the next day. I never heard from anyone.

Since when is a manager only available by email? Why couldn’t she simply call him? Obviously a 48-hour notice was insufficient to avoid a penalty, even if you’re a returning customer. The woman who checked us in and gave us the runaround was dark-haired and spoke with an accent that sounded like Russian or Ukrainian. She lied to my face and for that reason my wife and I will never return to this hotel. There are many other hotels in Montecatini Terme!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed 3 February 2020 via mobile

I had really high hopes for this place. The photos looked great, really modern and luxurious. The reality fell somewhat short. The rooms are reasonable but it’s not luxurious by any stretch - we had a junior suite and a family member had a more basic room, but really the difference was that our room felt a bit larger but rather sparse - apart from a “pouf” at the end of the bed, there wasn’t any extra furniture to justify the higher price for a suite so the room felt empty. Still the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was good.

The service was inconsistent and fell short of expectation. Some front desk staff were very friendly, others were not. The breakfast was an exercise in frustration. Only one person takes the orders and he is often in and out of the kitchen and hard to track down. The other 3 waiters are busy serving but they won’t take orders. The system seems pretty ineffective - they should really change it. Every morning was a wait to place a coffee and eggs order - one morning it took close to 25 minutes which is frustrating when you are keen to get out for a day of sightseeing.

The wifi, as other reviewers have noted, I’d terrible. It didn’t work at all for 3 days of our trip.

The good points - location is nice and quiet. About 10 minutes to the station and less to town. Montecatini itself is a great town and well situated to explore Tuscany, Florence, Pisa. We parked outside - a couple of days it was very full so we had to park maybe 500 meters away, but other days it was fine and we could find a spot outside. One of the front desk staff who was friendly helped us pay for street parking online and then we just placed the printed voucher on our dash. They also will register your number plate so you can enter the ZTL and not be fined.

The restaurant was also quite good. Breakfast was above average (long waits aside) and we enjoyed dinner at the restaurant.

Overall, it was a reasonable stay but fell short of expectations based on the price we paid.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank fietssen
Reviewed 4 January 2020 via mobile

We spent two days at Montecatini Palace Hotel, which was looking nice and was recently renovated. The staff was friendly and the breakfast very good. We have chosen this hotel for its spa facilities, indeed the sauna was great (dry, wet) but the indoor pool too small. The opening hours for spa start 10.00 and finish 20.00. Fitness room looks very nice!

Date of stay: January 2020