See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2015

The hotel is very cozy. We stayed on the second floor in a pretty room №6 with a balcony. Balcony was a good place to spend evening with a glass of wine. The room looks very good, actually the same as you see on the photos. Cleaning was good. Breakfast perfect: different fruits, different types of chees, ham, fresh orange juice, omelet, eggs, cappuccino, pastry etc.
The owners of the hotel are very friendly, responsive always try to help. It was a great pleasure for us to stay in their hotel.
The free beach located on the opposite side of the road. Moreover free bicycle is one more option in this hotel. By bicycle you can reach a very big beautiful wild beach Cinquale, it takes about 15 minutes. It takes about 20-25 min to reach Cental station by bus. From Massa you can go to Pisa, Florence, Milano, Rome. So it a good place where you can enjoy sea and beach and visit some other beautiful cities nearby. Massa town is also very good place to walk around, there is an ancient castle. I recommend this place. It’s a good hotel for a not big money.

Room Tip: I recommend to ask for room with a balcony in advance. Not all room have a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2015

My stay in this hotel was from June 4th-7th 2015.

when we arrived at the hotel everything was fine. The rooms were clean (except the mini-bar- it was dirty and had some brown water in it).

I am vegeterian and the stuff was avere of it.

The first day we came for dinner, they didnt make me main course- after my complain they suggest to make me a bowl of salad- really???? But i just past that offer thinking it will be better next day.

Breakfast- THE WORS EVER
Breakfast included: OLD bread (one type), cheap salami and chesse (one type), butter and marmalade, and cereals with milk. That was all- no jogurt, no friut not ever WATER !!!

At the breakfast i spiled some coffe on the table. The tablecloth was waiting for me dirty at dinner time.

DINNER DAY 2: For first course i got pasta with salami ( THEY ARE AWERE I AM VEGETERIAN). After i told them AGAIN they just took it from me and didnt give me anything for first course. JUST TO BE AWERE I AM PAYING THE FOOD. For the main course they gave me an omlette and it was COLD. Just to say the bred was old .
DINNER DAY 3: Pasta with vegetables- i was happy finally. My and people from my group asked for Parmiggan chesse to put on pasta. They told as, they will bring it- they didnt. After a few tries to get some chesse I decided to stand up go to the kitchen and ask for it myselfe. Finally i got some, in a cup. The waitress stood near me, waiting to took it away as soon I am done with it- THAT WAS SO RUDE.

All in all they were very impolite and rude. You couldnt even finish your meal, if you stop eating for a minute they are taking your plate away. The portions were very small and not equal. Some are bigger, some very small.

At breakfast I

I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone- WORST SERVICE AND FOOD EVER!!!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
MARIALUISACHERUBINI, Proprietario at Hotel Michela, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Dear Madam, we want answer your rewiew becuse you have to know that our budget for your touristic Group was only euro 24,00 at day for person with halfpension and with so little money is very difficult offer a rich breakfast and dinner. You are vegetarian but nobody of your agency had informed us befor your arrival (as always happens!)
At last dinner pasta was with thunfish and in Italian cooking Parmigian cheese is not good with fish!!! During spring we accomodated many croatic touristic groups , but you are first person with so many problems. Next travell you must spend more money to have better service.
Best regards.
Staff.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked this hotel the day before arriving and loved the fact that it was not in the centre, we are of mature years. The breakfast had a vast choice and the staff were amazing. Within walking distance of the beach and the action, a big supermarket, lots of restaurants and street markets. Our room had a tiny view of the sea but some rooms had more. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A very good place to stay. The room is not really big, but nice, and it had a balcony, from where you can see the sea.
The stone floor is pretty cold, but I think it's for advantage in summer.
The hotel is close to the beach and center of Marina di Massa, where beach restaurants and shops can be found.
Very good breakfast with huge selection of food, which is really rear in Italy. They have fresh different cakes every day :)
I guess, there can be some problems with the parking in the high season, 'cause there is not so much space, so you'd better arrive before it's taken.
We actually didn't spend much time in the hotel during our two nights stay, because we only used it as a base for our trips, and for this purpose it was very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Michela is not easily accessed by public transport - from a distance at least, but that is its only real disadvantage. It is a modern detached building, among others of similar attractive style, which put me in mind of Austrian guesthouse accommodation. Lots of trees around made it a very pleasant area.
Let's start with location: this is ideal. To get to the sea you'll need to find an entrance to a 'free beach'. For the nearest, turn right out of the gate and go to the sea front road. Turn left here and it's only a short stroll to the free beach. There's a bar which does snacks and you can sit there and enjoy the sun. There is a restaurant nearby . Walk a bit further and there's a pier for a sweeping view of the bay.
If you want shops, other bars and restaurants and a supermarket, turn left out of the gate and walk through a little copse to the next road. There, turn right and you'll soon come to bars, shops, restaurants, a supermarket and a little park. If you want to make a round trip you can turn right off this road and end up at the sea front and the pier.
The hotel itself welcoming, with a lounge and a dining room. Rooms are very modern and spotless, and mine had a large pleasant balcony. The big snag for me was that there is no lift. I find stairs difficult, so they moved me to a lower floor and took all my luggage for me. This is typical of the service there, which is helpful and pleasant. I had the impression that it was family run.

The restaurant isn't public, so guests book and choose their menu each day at breakfast. I'm very glad that I did this as the food was very good. I can't remember how much they charge for this 'half board' option, but it wasn't a lot and was very good value. You can also book lunch, but after a good breakfast you probably wouldn't bother.
There is a terrace to the restaurant but it wasn't really the weather for it when I was there.
There is plenty of outside space to sit if you just want to relax in the garden, and there is a car park.
In summary, a good location once you've got there, and a pleasant and comfortable place to stay. Elderly travellers note the lack of lift and specify first floor when you book. The stairs do have handrails.

• Stayed: May 2013