Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2019 via mobile

The restaurant is inside the hotel, but it isn't only for guest. Fish is fresh and very well cooked: we ate starter pasta with shrimps and tuna fish grilled. Also dessert are special. Staff is very kind. Ambient is elegant

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Biagio S, Direttore at Hotel Ristorante Borgo La Tana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2019

Dear Sir,
thank you for pleasing our kitchen. Tradition for over 50 years of great attention to the kitchen with unique values and flavors. The Staff and the Management thank you for the enthusiasm you wanted to give us with your review. We open it to the next occasion, greetings.

Reviewed 2 May 2019

Arrived at the restaurant for lunch. The hostess, Margarite welcomed us and led us downstairs to the beautifully appointed restaurant. Both English and Italian menus were presented, since our Italian is not as good as we would like. However, between Margarite's English and our poor Italian, we were able to communicate.
The starters were beautifully presented and very tasty. Our main dishes were a delicious octopus and bean soup and a wonderful, lightly battered fritto misto di mare which could put tempura to shame. Kudos to the chef. Along with the desserts, local white wine and attentive service, this was a memorable meal.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Biagio S, Direttore at Hotel Ristorante Borgo La Tana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2019

Dear Sir,
we appreciated your judgment very much. All the Staff thank you very much. We hope to be able to receive you again as our important customer. Sincerely

Staff e La Direzione

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Staff were lovely. However no mention of strict rules - swimming hats MUST be worn in pool, flip flops MUST be worn around pool, no diving in pool, you MUST have your plate on a tray if eating outside, bar rarely open, you MUST NOT touch the coffee machine, you are watched by staff at the pool constantly to make sure rules are not broken. Room very small. Mis-advertised - not all rooms have a balcony as specified (ours didnt), website shows pictures of one small part of hotel,majority is very tiny rooms with no balconies.
BUT alright location (buses were extremely rare and we had to rent a car), polite, friendly staff, good food and very clean. Absolutely beautidul part of Italy - definitely worth the train ride from airport.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Fluffydragonpie
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

good food and good location but the staff is so strict and rude. they were not let me sit at a friend's table for dinner and charged me €10 for a litre of house wine. when I touched the coffee machine to make a cappuccino at breakfast they scolded and pointed towards the sign that says staff only. Ridiculous treatment for a hotel .

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Gregor B
Flavio74, Direttore at Hotel Ristorante Borgo La Tana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Mr Gregor,
We thank you to have appreciated our food and our location, I am sorry but our staff is noticed especially for his courtesy and his kindness. You have not written the true because it was not possible to accept your request that had been made during the dinner. Surely, if we had accepted your request, we would have had problems for our organization. We had thought that you had understood us but eventually it was not. Moreover, your friends had been saying that you had to pay for the wine that was asked and served in the terrasse. Why do you find it scandalous? It had been requested as an extra and it must be paid. Then, the staff itself prepares coffee for the clients; nowhere the client prepares it alone. Do you find it so strange? It is normal that the person had indicated that it was herself that had to prepare the cappuccino. And you find it all ridiculous for an hotel? I hope you will not hurt for those words, but we had to explain for people who will read the content of what you are saying, that is not so clear. We thank you to have stayed in our hotel and hope to have you soon again as our guest for a longer vacancy.
Kind regards,
The Staff

Reviewed 25 December 2017

Bear with me on what will be a lengthy review - you'll be glad you did! I booked this hotel for two nights - 21 to 23 December 2017. When I arrived, the ''high speed'' advertised WiFI was coming and going - back at Reception, the lady told me there was poor reception in the rooms. Then the WiFi went altogether. I returned to Reception and the same lady said that they knew the WiFi was often not available in the rooms and said I could use my laptop in Reception - impracticable for me as the rooms are in different buildings from Reception, I had arranged late evening/night Skype calls with friends and family, I needed files with me to send e-mails, and it was pretty dark getting from my room to Reception; Reception also serves as the local shop, bar, etc, and is quite small with no space where I could have set up my laptop. As I am an older woman travelling by myself, I explained that I would have to check out the next day - a day early - if there was no WiFi as I depend on it so much. She nodded agreement. Next morning, there was still no WiFi in my room. At check out in Reception, a guy whom I presume was the owner/manager suddenly arrived, said - before I had said a word to him - that I had to pay for that night as well and started to rant and rave at me, his finger less than an inch from my face, screaming - seriously screaming - that I just didn't know how to use technology and it was my problem - or it was possibly that my phone couldn't receive WiFi (my phone is a 2017 Samsung Galaxy A5, my laptop is a 2017 model HP ENVY X360 A12 and I have been using computers for 30 years ...). But it was impossible to say anything as he just kept shouting and pointing his finger. I had to physically back up to avoid him making contact with me. It became quite frightening and intimidating - especially when he grabbed the receipt the lady had given me out of my hand, tore it up and threw it on the floor. The lady stood by, head down, looking very embarrassed. I managed to ask for his name and he refused - then he said that his name was ''Mr Nobody'' (I could understand this with my limited Italian) and obviously thought this was a great joke. ''Yes, that's who I am, Mr NOBODY!!!'' I seriously thought he might have a heart attack, such was the physical and vocal ferocity of his diatribe; he was out of control - and with many, many Italian friends I know the difference between Italian exuberance and often loud conversations which can often seem like arguments to non-Italians, and this man's complete loss of control. He continued to shout and scream until after some time, I finally managed to get the lady to explain to him that I had booked in good faith a room with WiFi - and the WiFi did not exist, so I had to check out and would only be paying for one night. Finally, I was able to pay for the night I had stayed and managed to escape - I use the word advisedly! In more than 40 years of travelling in Europe - much of it in Italy - with my husband and now as a widow, I have NEVER been treated like this and shall investigate further how the matter can be dealt with.

Room tip: Don't go!!
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank JanDScotland
Flavio74, Direttore at Hotel Ristorante Borgo La Tana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Miss Jan,
We had the sensation to having dealt with a real actress! We are sorry to read your words the 25th of December, a celebration day for the majority, but for you to think to write badly about us on Booking.com after having threaten us to do it many times at the check-out. You had screamed it with other guests present that had you invited to watch your tone and injuries against us. Moreover, it is even more regrettable considering that we made you pay only one night even if you had reserved for two just for the reason that we had precised that it was a courtesy in your towards. You became infuriated after those words saying that it was not your problem but only ours with Booking.com. We say the same words: when a guest reserves a room he is obliged to pay the nights of the stay as the hotel has the obligation to guarantee the reservation, a rule valid in Italy: it is the law. In your judge, we read only injuries and lies towards our hotel and our staff. You had no respect for who works and for the clients that in spite of themselves had assisted to that scene. You were rude with all people that were contradicting you. “Shut up” you repeated. We had no intention to offend you saying that you could not use technology, but we were inviting you to check that our devices were connected with the same Wi-fi that you said was not working. We had offered to connect your device in your place, but you refused. Your behavior has repaid us for all sort of kindness since your arrival, for the availability of a superior room of that one you had reserved just to accommodate your needs connected to physical problems. Your behavior make us perplex when you decide arbitrarily to talk and also understand Italian. The high speed Wi-fi is not advertised anywhere, we do not have this service . This is why we do not say to have services that in effect we do not have, for example the high speed Wifi or the lift that you requested, but only of those one we have as the free and normal Wi-fi. In addition, we are sorry to realize that you are saying deceits and actions never happened to justify your behavior. We repeat that we always showed kindness, professionalism and hospitality in your towards as we always do with all our guests. Unfortunately, we can not mention the names ot the guests who were there for the privacy. To conclude, you did not seem scared, weak or anxious to escape, as you write. We want to give you a advice, since we works in the tourism domain for many years:” kindness recalls kindness”.