In September I stayed at Hotel Casa Barca in Malcesine and was surprised to find that I liked it more than I had expected. To be honest I had wanted to stay at the Hotel Castello since I had stayed in Hotel Castello several times in the past, but they were fully booked during the time I wanted to be in Malcesine. I did some research and discoverd Hotel Casa Barca so I thought I would give it a try. I was a little dissapointed in not being able to stay in Hotel Castello, so I had a preconcieved notion that I would not like Hotel Casa Barca because it was not my first choice, but after having stayed there I can now join the chorus of other people who give it positive reviews. First the negatives: the hotel is not on the water and if you like to swim in Lake Garda you won't have direct access to the lake, second, the place is not in the center of things so you have to take a short walk to get to the middle of town, but the excercise is good for you. Now the positives: The hotel is very very neat and clean and very modern. The staff is very friendly and they try to ensure that their guests have a nice time. The breakfast was very good and did offer a big variety of choices so you should never leave hungry in the morning and the breakfast room was very nice. The room we had was very comfortable and had a large terrace with a good view.
In summary I would probably stay in the Casa Barca again, so now I have two favorite places in Malcesine.
One good place to eat I can recommend to any first timers to Malcesine is Restaurant Pizzaria Italia da Nikolas. It is right on the water in the middle of town and has a great view and the food is very good. I have eaten there three times and have never had a bad meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa Barca, which was completely renovated in 2007, lies embedded in an olive grove of 4500 square meters and it is only a stone's throw away from the historic old town and the lake. The guests can enjoy the privilege of a rejuvenating and relaxing atmosphere.The modern design is the perfect starting point for a holiday under the motto of comfort and physical wellness.Our new health spa will help you to make your dreams come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wellness Hotel Casa Barca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Albergo Casa Barca Wellness
- Wellness Hotel Casa Barca Malcesine, Lake Garda