“OK but lacking warmth”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here the first night we arrived because it was quick and easy. However, the service was quite grudging and we certainly weren't welcomed or cared for as we would be on successive days. Note: although this restaurant advertises that it will take credit cards, the waiter saw my card and moved slickly into a well-rehearsed routine of muttering and complaining that ended with my card being "mancato collegamento" - literally "missed connection" before he stood over me while I sorted cash instead. He continued to wait in anticipation of a tip (which didn't amount to much - I'm not keen on being intimidated). It's OK I suppose, but there's better in Malcesine and you don't have to walk far to find them...

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

It was rainy and we had just arrived in Malcesine .
We wanted to stop by for a drink .
The waiter did not wish to show us the menu so we had no idea of the prices .
I wanted to know what kind of white wine was on offer .
Each time I asked the waiter just replied "glass white".
We gave up and left .

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Went here after reading previous good reviews, my husband thought his seafood spaghetti was perfect however i was slightly disappointed with my choice of chicken in wine, expected it to be in more of a sauce and would have preferred it served with more accompaniments.
Service was good, reasonably priced.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Was passing by in the busy street. Was hooked in by the staff. Thought this was a ordinary pizza/restaurant
Was surprised of the taste and quality of food.
We had spaghetti frutti di mare. Which was excellent.
Good portion with lot of seafood.
Really a nice surprise.
Staff was friendly but you feel that they have been working long time with tourists....professional approach. But not much more.
On an scale 1-5
Food 5
Staff 3
Environment 3

Reviewed 15 June 2017

The food here was actually okay - antipasti and main. My problem was that the welcome started well but then deteriorated and by the end of the evening it was clear that this is a "get 'em in and out and take their money and sod the service" type of place. The main cameriere was abrupt at best and rude at worst. Interesting that the worst reviews are from Italians - they know their own food and service expectations and their reviews actually seem to be the best assessment if this place. As an Italophile I was sadly disappointed.

1  Thank Munchkin1582