“Good food and lovely hosts”

Chiosco Bar S. Francesco
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Maiori
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: We serve snacks and drinks all night long on The wonderful waterfront of Maiori in Amalfi Coast. We are close during the autumn and winter. We hope to meet all of you in spring!
Reviewed 30 April 2017

This little bar/ cafe is a gem. We found it difficult to walk past without a quick stop off for a salad or a burger or a coffee or a beer, wine, cocktail, ice cream, cake etc. The owners are lovely, the prices very reasonable and this little place overlooks the sea. they open early in a morning until late at night. We are going in around a weeks time. we last went a couple of years ago.Cannot wait to return. Highly recomended.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We were intrigued by the reviews and were not disappointed.

First, the owners are super friendly and welcoming. We were instantly and continually made to feel at home.

Second, the man brews his own beers and was very knowledgeable and passionate about his craft. I tried two of the beers and they were some of the best I've tried (I regularly drink craft / artisan beer and general beer in London as I have friends who are into beer tasting). My only regret is I didn't have time to try them all!

Third, the lasagne! Genuinely one of the best I've eaten. Again homemade by the lady who, together with the man, were very passionate about the food. The portion is very generous - about 2/3 the size of an A4 sheet of paper and very deep. Absolutely yummy!

Throughout our visit we were treated to some other nibbles gratis. All in all the amazing food, beer and service made it easy to spend several hours here relaxing.

Finally it has a great view of the beach and harbour front and the prices are very reasonable!

Can't recommend it enough! Don't be put off by the fact it looks very unassuming and simple - it's a real gem!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Francesco's is a great place to stop for a casual meal/quick bite. They do not close at 3-3:30 as other places do, so food is always available. I had a lovely caprese salad that was loaded with buffalo mozzarella and local cherry tomatoes. It was beautiful and tasty! Francesco gave us a sample of his homemade Limoncello - knock your socks off yummy! Owner is very friendly, taking time to chat & talk about the area.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Owner is very friendly and enthusiastic. Brews his own beer brand. If being a beer lover you have to try it out. We found especially the dark beer very good. We enjoyed a late afternoon and had a good time. Prices are reasonable. I recommend this place.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Came here after reading all the reviews and we were not disappointed! Had the lasagne and it was delicious! Best meal I had whole staying in Maiori.
Francesco and his wife are so lovely and make you feel so welcome. Definitely try his home made beer and limoncello.