Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the hotel staff ski area cosy centre mountains slopes
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2020

This was my 4th stay at the Hotel Spöl and as always, it was very enjoyable. Every member of staff was extremely friendly, helpful and professional. Nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant was bright and airy and the food and service were excellent. My room was very comfortable and functional and the housekeeping service very efficient. The hotel is just a few minutes walk to the the ski slopes and to the lively main street of Livigno. We had excellent snow and skiing conditions.

Date of stay: March 2020
hotelspol, Direttore generale at Hotel Spol - Feel at Home, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Hello Rosemary, it was nice to have you with us again this year and we thank you for the nice review. Greetings from Livigno.

Reviewed 9 February 2020

Quite some reviews give a good view on how the hotel is performing. Not all rooms are up to standards, far from cheap, but the restaurant and staff are excellent, making up a lot. We stayed for the second time with 4, 2 adults and 2 young adults.

We had an extremely bad experience which is however undocumented so far: no safe feeling for women! Let me explain.

Each month in February, an old German man called Manfred is staying there for 4 weeks and annoying other clients, as he did with us. Obvious a good client and a friend of the hotel manager Dario. During a dinner, Manfred has stolen the key card of my daughter. When noticed, the man admitted that he took the card without providing any rationale why. He even insulted my daughter very badly when it became clear he took her card. So far the incident, what happened afterwards is even worse.

The hotel manager, Dario, continued to ignore the problem even after watching the video recording of the incident and after several conversations. For him, the safety feeling of his clients is not a concern, it was just a incident between 2 clients. He not only protected his Manfred (the annoying old man), yet actually also laughed my daughter in the face when she explained what happened (note that my daughter didn't sleep the following nights and was scared to enjoy the wellness and the pool). For him, it was clear that his Malfred is the good client and we are just seeing the bad side of people (in case, his beloved Manfred). How safe would you feel? Would you enjoy your stay?

The hotel's slogan is "feel at home". In Spöl it means: women should not feel safe, incidents occur without further action of the hotel manager, his preference is laughing at you, ignoring problems. In the end, he really upset us! My daughter, neither my wife felt save in the hotel after the incident. Spöl is far from a cheap hotel to stay, one would at least expect some assurance on safety to "feel at home!" Even more painful is the contrast of the helpful staff compared to their manager.

We additionally noticed that this incident is not unique. Manfred appears to be a burden for the staff, yet we experienced that the staff was silent to the hotel manager on this. Yes, I guess they know why. How a hotel manager destroys the good work of his staff. Really, don't go there!

#livigno #hotelspol

Room tip: Check the website, there is huge difference between the quality of the rooms!
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank KoenD1805
Hotel Spol L, Direttore at Hotel Spol - Feel at Home, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2020

Dear Mr. KoenD1805,

I am happy to respond to your accusations in a polite and respectful manner, which I always put emphasis on during our two discussions. The attitude of the entire team working at a hotel depends on the overall conditions created by management. It is our philosophy to not only pamper our guests, but also our staff and make everybody feel comfortable.

About what happened: When Mr. Manfred was chatting with your wife, he absent-mindedly took the room key, which had been placed on your table at the restaurant. The surveillance footage clearly shows that he was not hiding it, but held it in his hand during the chat. Even after returning to his seat, he placed it on the table, where it stayed until you realized what had happened. You only watched the first part of the video – when the key was taken – and refused to watch it in its entirety to try to understand what really happened. You had already passed judgement.

We reprogrammed the keys to your room, assigned you a new table and I personally tried to reassure you regarding Mr. Manfred, who has been a regular at our hotel for more than 15 years and never caused problems or behaved disrespectfully in any way. He likes to chat, but that’s it. I am very sorry that you tried to take this out on me and my staff, with whom we have an excellent relationship that extends beyond the work environment.
The entire video clearly shows a senior citizen taking and holding the key without thinking about what he was doing. I don’t think you really wanted us to remove an 85-year old, who is known for his cheerfulness and friendliness in the entire village, from the hotel? A senior citizen, who has taken many of our guest and their kids skiing?

At no time has your family been put in danger by this dangerous guest. Everyone who knows me personally can confirm that arrogance is not one of my personal traits and that I always maintain a friendly attitude and have a sympathetic ear for everyone. Your statement that I would do better to protect your family, who would have returned for years to come, than an senior citizen is better left uncommented.

Reviewed 5 February 2020

6 of us (all guys in our 50's) travelled to Livigno for a long ski weekend in Jan 2020.
We flew into Milan Linate airport and rented a car. It took approx 3hrs 40mins excluding a short stop. The journey was quite scenic driving around Lake Colmo and into the Alps although a lot was under cover though mountain tunnels. The last hour or so was through mountain passes and could be quite tricky in poor weather. We were very lucky with the weather.

We all really loved Livigno. We are reasonable skiers and 3 days was just about enough to ski everything we wanted to ski. I think a week would be too long unless the snow conditions allowed off piste.

The Hotel was in a really good location. Walking distance from the lifts on one side of the valley and the bus route to the other side of the valley.

We paid around 250 Euro per night based on 2 sharing a room on B&B basis which is more than we would normally pay so my expectations were high.
Checkin was straight forward as we filled in the pre registration info on line. We were given a complimentary iPad cover (not sure why but a nice gesture).
Parking was just outside the rear entrance.
There is a small lift (elevator) to the 4 or 5 accommodation floors in the main building. We had 2 rooms on the 2nd floor and 1 on the 3rd floor. The elevator is small and can get busy so lower floors are better if you have the energy to use the stairs.

Unfortunately the rooms were a real let down.
I was really disappointed to say the least. The rooms were very small considering the amount we paid and the beds were tiny. I am 1m 90cm high (around 6' 2") and my feet were over the end of the bed when laid flat and had very little room to roll over.
The room itself was quite narrow. I hit my leg on a low table coming out of the bathroom one evening. The bathroom was also small. We had a toilet, bidet, sink and corner shower which would be a squeeze for anyone carrying a bit of weight. I would have really liked a bath as well.
The room had the most bizarre balcony i have ever seen. It was fully enclosed with windows. It looks as if this is just used as a smoking area as it had a really strong smell of stale smoke and is certainly not somewhere a non smoker would want to spend any time. We dumped our emptied suitcases in there and used it purely for storage.

We visited the wellness area a couple of times which was quite nice. It wasn't very big but had a nice pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and relax area and was never crowded whilst we were there.

The hotel has a small bar area. We had one drink there. It is quite small and lacked any atmosphere whilst we were there, but I guess this is down to who uses it. Being located close to the main area of Livigno we preferred to go out and enjoy the apre ski bars nearby.

To finish this review on a high I would say the breakfast and the restaurant area where we had breakfast was excellent. The service was really, really good. All the staff were so professional. The food was amazing and the environment looking out of the windows really really nice.

Overall I really enjoyed my long weekend in Livigno but was really disappointed by the room. Having paid almost 250 Euros per night perhaps i had set my expectations too high.
BTW I did go to reception and tell them abut my disappointment with the rooms and particularly the beds but there was nothing they could do.

Also - I understand there is another side to this Hotel which I didn't see so perhaps the rooms are much better there.

Room tip: Don't book the single bed rooms unless you are a Hobbit!
Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Coomby
Hotel Spol L, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Spol - Feel at Home, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2020

Dear Mr Coomby,
we are always very sorry when a customer is not completely satisfied. We are happy that you particularly enjoyed our services such as the spa and breakfast. For the small room, we always try to present our rooms to the bes, on the website, in addition to the photos, there is a video and a description with the room sizes. We are constantly renovating our structure and we have various types of rooms up to 50 square meters. We hope to have you in our hotel on another occasion, perhaps in the new Ginepro rooms. Bers regards from the Hotel Spol team.

Reviewed 29 January 2020

This was my first visit to Living and aI did really enjoy our stay at the Hotel Spol! Friendly staff, nice cuisine, cozy rooms and good location - best value in other words! I would definitely recommend that for a family stay or a group of friends.

Date of stay: January 2020
Hotel Spol L, Direttore at Hotel Spol - Feel at Home, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2020

Hello Natalia,
thanks for the nice review, it's a pleasure to know that you have spent a pleasant holiday at the Hotel Spol. We look forward to seeing you soon for another holiday in Livigno. Greetings from the Hotel Spol team.

Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

This was not my first trip to Livigno. I used to stay in another well known hotel which I was always very satisfied about but a bit noisy. Since I became we and we became three the hotel Spöl was suggested by a friend. What a surprise it was. The first contacts trough mail were very pleasant, personal but still very professional. At arrival the same pleasant first contact and a very warm welcome. As we were traveling with a 6 months old baby we had a booking for a family suite in the new recently built part of the hotel. The baby cot was ready as well as extra towels and a small bathrobe. A nice gesture and you feel immediately at home. The rental stroller prepared as well. The room itself was very spacious with enough storage and dressing and, very originally, a central bathroom with a almost complete glass-walled shower.
The hotel bar was in an older part of the hotel but spotless clean and up to our needs for a well served drink. A small toy was given here for the daughter upon arrival. The restaurant is located in the new part and very cosy and comfortable. Here once again tide and clean. Very friendly staff with good knowledge about the very good and large wine list. The food was not just good it was excellent. Daily 3 different choices of menu, a salad bar and some local cheeses. TOP TOP TOP! The breakfast was in the same room with a large variety of...everything....breads, roles, cheese, ham, muesli, yoghurt, eggs, fresh fruit and juices, etc.....
Without any doubt I would recommend this hotel and I will certainly go back while visiting the area. It was a pleasant stay for my wife, myself and the baby that the staff surnamed Maria Callas as she was lyric about this hotel too and so continually singing

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Spol L, Direttore generale at Hotel Spol - Feel at Home, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2019

Good morning,
thank you for the fantastic review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, especially the little Maria Callas. We hope to have you back with us in Livigno soon. Greetings from the Hotel Spol team.