“Very salty food - pretty poor service”

La Pastorella Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #34 of 125 Restaurants in Livigno
Price range: US$24 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2020

Went to eat at the restaurant with my fiancé as I remembered this restaurant years ago being very good. We had a vegetable soup, deer polenta with added mushrooms and a glass of red wine, all to share. I ordered Brunello di Montalcino Banfi, thinking you can’t go wrong with that. The wine seemed like the bottle had been opened a week ago and sitting. The food was not as good as it used to be, the deer sauce was very, very salty and it felt pretty heavy. I’m glad we shared a course and didn’t order one each. For the side mushrooms they charge us 10€. Seemed a bit pricey. I wasn’t crazy about the service either. Not very attentive waiter, left us unattended for a long time after we got our main course, and at the end we decided to walk to the register to pay since he was never stopping by. I also didn’t like that he turned the candle on at every table right as the customers sat down, and didn’t do that to us. When I asked him, he asked another waiter to light it up for us. Not nice. Livigno has great restaurants, with wonderful food and dishes typical of Valtellina, but as of February 2020, La Pastorella is not one if the best.

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (533)

Reviewed 31 January 2020 via mobile

We came to this restaurant with no expectations. But the waiter and surroundings inspired us to wait for something special. And we got this SPECIAL indeed. The food was excellent including deserts. After two days after visit we still talk about the food quality. Highly recommended place.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 15 January 2020 via mobile

My husband and I always return to La Pastorella Restaurant on our first night in Livigno and our last night. We absolutely love the Pizza Primavera, the Carbonara Pasta and their salads (especially the one with rocket, pear, parmesan and pine Nuts). I highly recommend this restaurant as the food is brilliant and the staff are so friendly and efficient. Also, the bets Tiramisu in Livigno....

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank chenaraf2017
Reviewed 21 August 2019

We went for a lunch in LA pastorella and we ate two beef fillet, one was with mushrooms and the other one with black truffle, both of them was amazing (quality,taste, size). But what I would like to really mention was the service of Alessio. He was absolutely fantastic, he created a very friendly environment with the way he was speaking to the guests. At the same time his service was really fast and he was willing to answer all of our questions regarding the dishes. Congratulations to the kitchen and the service.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

4 different people - 4 different pizzas.
4 happy people - 4 empty pizza plates.

I got the ‘pizza con tonno, cipolle e uova’.
The egg was an extra and it could have been fried 1 minute more (for my taste) but overall a good, crispy pizza.

Friendly staff and nice atmosphere where it was possible to have dinner and talk to each other without any problem.

Would I come back for another pizza?
Sure.