We stayed at UNA Versilia for five nights as part of a Tuscan road trip in September. The apartment we had was very spacious and modern - there were two main sleeping rooms, a large modern bathroom with bath and shower and then a large kitchen/lounge area leading out onto a large balcony across the pool. The housekeeping staff were amazing, placing sweets on pillows and laying out the bed each night whilst we were out at dinner which was a nice touch.
One big plus for the hotel is the spa facilities which consists of a large outdoor pool and smaller indoor hydro-pool with a sauna/steam room and gym as well. A weird aspect of the spa though is that it has strange opening times, opening from 10am to 1pm and then again from 4pm to 7pm when I assume most people would be wanting to use it in the afternoons. The outdoor pool is though open throughout the day and fully lifeguarded. The spa staff were some of the friendliest in the hotel, even giving me some free flip flops when I forgot mine. In terms of other staff, it's pretty hit and miss - most are friendly and helpful but some on the reception and restaurant are a little cold though it's nothing personal.
It became clear that without a car there weren't a lot of options for dinner nearby the hotel so we ended up eating in the restaurant a couple of times. On our first night we tried to eat in the hotel at 7pm and were told there was nothing available until 9:30pm despite it being largely empty - we did eventually get called forward at around 8:45pm when it became clear the restaurant had lots of space. The restaurant manager wasn't very helpful this first time but was actually much more helpful with a gluten free member of our party during the actual meal. The second time we booked at reception during the day and that worked very well and we got in a lot earlier so I would recommend doing that. The 25 euro buffet is a great option, offering antipasta, pasta, pizza and deserts all on an unlimited basis. One thing is the cost of water though - at 5 euros a bottle, quite a markup!
Overall, these were only small issues and the experience, atmosphere, service and food in the hotel were fantastic with great rooms, decor and facilities. Would highly recommend given the state of some of the other hotels around the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive sea front resort, with 69 rooms, of which 42 are suites, is the ideal solution for anyone wanting to combine the comfort of a luxury hotel and the privilege of total independence offering 30 elegant apartments with a wide choice in size and type. Exclusive facilities at guests disposal are the restaurant accommodating up to 280 people, roof garden bar, indoor and outdoor areas for fitness and sport: 2 tennis courts, a 25 meter open-air swimming pool and solarium. The well equipped conference center with 7 meeting rooms accommodating up to 640 guests completes the structures that we offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your UNA Hotel Versilia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Una Hotel Lido Di Camaiore
- UNA Hotel Versilia Lido Di Camaiore, Italy - Tuscany