All reviews your luggage main piazza old town great location paulo fi taxi heart car centre puglia
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Pros
1. Room has nice ambiance although floor was not clean neither pillow.
2. Hotel is localized in middle of old town, easy to go everywhere with walking distance
Nice decor, bathroom is clean and tiny
Cons
1. Arrogant and unhelpful staff:
a. Asked for light breakfast or box when I checked out on 16Jun18. Nothing was served or offered. The simply ignored . I saw two Spanish speaking tourists attempting to seat at table facing window at breakfast area. Room was empty and staff denied. The lady refused to leave the table and manager told table was reserved but they sat there on day before
b. My TV set was not working (room 101), told staff and TV was not repaired... Paying 171 Euros for 2 nights for room with no TV is not expected a boutique hotel profile.
2. I asked hotel to book cab at 645am to head to Brindisi airport. I checked out at 620am and there was nobody in reception. I waited about 5 min so someone entered the building and checked me out. I asked to call cab driver to be arrive earlier since Brindisi is not in same town as Lecce, he told me he was not sure who was the driver and I should be waiting until 645am

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
pierenzo2016, Responsabile reception at Le Club Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Mr. Pelloso,
we don't usually do it, but we cannot fail to answer to a factious and misrepresenting review.

Since your arrival our staff has been helpful, kind and totally available for all your requests, beginning from the transfer service that we've called several times to meet your continuous changes of idea, ending with the breakfast service (given earlier than usually just for you), served with precision and courtesy.

Every problem or issue you have presented has been faced with courtesy and respect, and it's not a single capricious guest that can put in doubt professionality of our staff (that, just for information, was in the building when you checked out, prepairing your early breakfast).

About the two spanish speaking tourists, how can you refer to a little misunderstanding that, first of all, wasn't about you and in a language that you didn't understand? (Just for information - the ladies really enjoyed their stay thanking us, and left a really good review on our channels).

Maybe you were not in the right mood to relax and enjoy your stay and to be disposable as we were.

However, we hope that in your next trips you'll be more respectful for hotels and and their helpful staff which is committed every day to provide guests with a relaxing and prestigious stay, like we always do.

Paolo Pupillo

Reviewed 18 January 2018

"Welcome to the Club" was confidently announced by one of the two receptionists present at check-in

It was the very quiet 'xmas period and only a couple of rooms were occupied

Reception however chose to attribute a room where the entire bedroom ceiling was stained with black humidity spots

This was a most horrendous experience for what was intended to be a short luxury break in Lecce

Shame both on management and reception staff

Room Tip: Carefully check the attributed room before accepting it
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank WorldTravelerParisFr
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I have given Le Club an average rating because although I'm sure there are worse hotels in Lecce, I'm equally convinced there must be better ones.

The location is great for walking around, right in the centre but quite quiet. It is however impossible to get to by car so you will be walking a good distance with your luggage and that is something to factor in. We parked on Via Adua (there's a small car park near the end but also on-street parking) and found that quite easy - you can keep feeding the parking meter until it registers the time/day you want and it skips over the free hours over night and in the middle of the day.

We booked a double executive room directly with the hotel online at a rate of 113 Euros per night which is not cheap especially in the off-season (late Sept). The room (110 so that you can avoid accepting it) was right at the back of the hotel, down several corridors, and looked onto a courtyard full of rubbish and a boarded-up window in the building opposite (picture posted to show the lack of view). It was very dark at all times, not helped by all the dark wood on the walls.

The bathroom door was glass, as mentioned elsewhere, with a shower curtain that could be pulled across once it was closed. The toilet was round a corner in the bathroom with a wall in front of it, with a vicious overhanging corner at face-level about 18 inches in front of the toilet itself. This required a limbo action when sitting down or standing up to avoid injury - I have posted a picture to show I am not making this up.

So although there are some good points about this hotel (and breakfast was particularly good), I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 110, it's just awful, no redeeming features at all.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UKExpatNewYork
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Rooms are very dark and uncomfortable. Need new pillows and softer mattresses as they are punishing on your back.

Bar and restaurant staff are slow, lazy and disinterested. Food is not great so better to eat out of the hotel.

Location is great and very central in the old town.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank GlobalAdventure67
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

In Lecce for the day and happened upon some outside seating so we stopped for lunch. We had two courses both huge so beware. With a bottle of wine bill was €50 so good value given our location. Staff pleasant but we had to ask for an ice bucket as the wine needed further chilling

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple