All reviews rooftop bar valet service quality hotel the ground floor restaurant old town five star rating lovely hotel roman ruins breakfast buffet hard boiled eggs room rate garden suite local cheese main piazza equipped rooms central location public areas
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've rated the Risorgimento Resort as average because, for the price and its five star rating, it really isn't that special. The carpet right outside our door (room 308) had a hand-sized stain or bald patch. The room was comfortable and our bathroom had a large bath and shower. It was raining when we arrived and my wife wanted a bath. It was dirty: head and pubic hairs, and when I ran my fingertips around it they came away with a white residue. We called down to reception and a housemaid was sent up to clean it, but no apology or offer to change our room was made.

Have you ever had the feeling that the room you've been given isn't as good as the rest of the rooms in the hotel? Or that there are better rooms but you haven't got one? That's the feeling I had here. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, I didn't see any other rooms. But that's what it felt like.

Location is excellent and the breakfast was very good, but I wouldn't book here again if I were to return to Lecce.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed two nights as part of a package. Hotel is only a few steps from the Roman amphitheatre and couldn’t be more central for sights and restaurants. Rooms are spacious and well-appointed with both a bath and a shower (although the latter was a bit cramped). The one thing missing was tea/coffee making facilities.
Breakfast choices were good with fresh fruit and juice and coffee made to order; also some excellent local cheeses and pastries. The hotel also has a fully functioning restaurant and rooftop bar which we didn’t try but looked good, with prices comparable to those nearby.
Staff were friendly and helpful and atmosphere was very relaxed. An excellent base from which to explore this delightful city. Worth it’s five stars.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018

A modern, slightly utilitarian, but first class hotel in the very centre of town. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were pleasant and most helpful. If we were to visit Lecce again, we would again stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Located in the centre of town this is a great 5* hotel. The bedroom was large, clean and well lit along with a good bathroom. The breakfast was good and the rooftop restaurant was a wonderful place for dinner.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 56stevem68
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Well appointed bedrooms with comfortable beds. Our room had a tub shower which was difficult getting in and out of, but we enjoyed walking around town from our convenient location. The roof top bar and dining was so enjoyable on a beautiful night.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple