All reviews within walking distance germany tent gym toilet pitches august campsite pools lake
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Camping interesting of high level but with some defects. The bungalow rented was full of ants and the channels on TV where not working.
Having some surfs or canoe was not possible unless doing all courses even if mastering the discipline.
Arriving after 12.00 at night the car must be left outside.
Restauration is very limited for such camping.

In short, good camping but some improvements are expected.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Michele P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Camping La Quercia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Xavier H.,
Thank you for your review that always gives us the opportunity to improve our service.
We would have preferred to be informed about your situation when you were here in order to be able to try to fix soon the inconvenience.
As far as surf and canoe is concerned, our animation staff organizes some courses. It is not possible to do by your own with our equipment because of insurance responsibility reasons. In the neighborhood, there are many surf/canoe rentals, you can ask at the reception to help you further. We took note about the restauration and we will be glad if you could send us more details about your opinion in order to have a better idea what kind of improvement you suggest. The point of view of our guest is very important.
We anyway inform you that in the campsite you can find 2 Restaurants-Pizzeria with 200 and 450 places. Quite 650 persons can eat at lunch and at dinner. From the menu, you get a large choice of meat, fish, pizzas and typical Italian dishes. Once a week the restaurants organize also a fish or meat grill event,normally appreciated from our guests.
We hope you can come again next year to celebrate our 60th anniversary.
Best regards
Manuela Russo
Communication Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Now I must admit this was my first experience with this type of campsite and frankly, in campsites in general. We met our friends from Germany here. They camped in a tent and we rented one of the small vacation homes. Our view was the best in the site I think because it was placed right at the launching point for the boats. Watching a thunderstorm across the lake was definitely a highlight. The house's air conditioning was awesome which was a nice surprise. The kitchen was suitable to cook meals in and the patio was nice. The grounds were clean and safe. Lots of families. I believe the mix is usually about 50% Dutch, 25% German and 25% Italian. Many of the resort staff speak English and/or anyone of the other three languages so communication is ok. Another highlight is the butcher at the back of the grocery store. He is a character with great products. The less fancy restaurant was also nice with friendly staff and solid Italian food. Both pools were well maintained. They offered activities for kids which is nice. The beach was great and so was the bar on the beach. You are within walking distance along the beach to a nice little city. One complaint I did have is the rock bed that lines your first few steps into the lake. Not comfortable on my feet (maybe mine are more sensitive).

Room Tip: Not a hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Michele P, Responsabile reception at Camping La Quercia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear Jeff B,

Thank you for the nice review!

We are glad that you get an unforgettable first holiday in a campsite! Above all in our campsite!

We hope to see you again for you next vacation on Lake Garda

Best Regards

Manuela Russo

Communication Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Sanitary:
The sanitary is cleaned very frequently. I liked how spacious the showers, toilets and cabins were. No need to bring your own toilet paper.

Pools:
One large pool swimming pool (that could function as a professional pool) and an adjoining smaller pool for toddlers.
Next to the theatre there is an additional pool area where there's more space and grass to lay on. I liked how the "salvataggio" lifeguards were very aware of everything going on in the swimming pool. If I had any kids, I would trust that they were looked after with much attention.

Beach: Unlike the other campsites in the vicinity, La Quercia offers a large beach area with soft sand. Even in August you will have no problem finding a spot. From the beach, you can easily walk to the pittoresque village of 'Lazise' (15 mins).

Animation: Super! They offer a great variety of different sports and activities for people of all ages. I had much fun taking part in the football, volleyball and table tennis tournaments. If you win, you may even receive a medal on stage around 9PM.

Every evening there are different shows at the theatre. Even though I dont really like musicals and such, they were performed well and looked professional.

Food and drinks:
Great pizzas for a fair price and great ice cream!

Downsides:
-In my opinion the drinks were slightly overpriced.
- Wi-Fi signal was too weak most of the time.

Overall, great campsite! I highly recommend it

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Top class campsite. Excellent facilities, pool, restaurant...etc. Great access to fantastic sandy beach on the lake. Lots of really good staff who all seem to speak several languages, Italian, English, German.
Best accommodation is the new homes opened in 2015/2016. When booking be careful to add on the per person cost which is on top of the fixed daily cost for the home. This caught me out but it was my own fault for not concentrating when making the booking.
Other big advantage is its a beautiful 15 minute stroll along the lakeside in to beautiful Lazise.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank John C
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Very nice and clean Place, near the Lake Garda. Very good for Kids!! Perfect Animation (Project79). Big Thanks to Sanon, Sofie, Martina, Saskia and the hole Team. You did the best Job ever!!!! Hope see you next Year. Greetings from Germany

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family