“Good service and good food”
Review of il carrettino

il carrettino
Reserve with
il carrettino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 441 Restaurants in Grosseto
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Been here two times during our stay in the area. The french fries are excellent and so is the fried calamares.

carrettino, Proprietario at il carrettino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I had seen this restaurant on Trip Advisor and made it part of my "must eat at" restaurants during our visit to Italy. I was not disappointed. Their pizza crust was excellent for gluten free. I also had the chance to enjoy their gluten free home made bread with an excellent antipasto platter. My son's fried calamari and gamberetti was tasty and crisp. The prices were very reasonable and the proprietor and server very friendly and accommodating.

carrettino, Proprietario at il carrettino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thanks my heart continue to smile :)

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Me (Czech) and my Italian husband, we visited this restaurant during our vacation in Tuscany last week and we had to return to that place again because we loved it! This place is a real dream for all people sensitive to gluten. There are many interesting dishes available on menu and all gluten free from starters to desserts. I very much enjoyed their fresh home made bread which they sell also in Pasticceria Siciliana in Grosseto directly:) The waiter at the restaurant is very attentive; he remembered some details about my husband from our 1st visit and brought them up during conversation during our 2nd visit. He was also knowledgeable about the food, gave good recommendations on wine (very tasty) and overall he was very pleasant to talk to. If we ever come to Grosseto again we're definitely booking a table there again!

1  Thank misates

Thanks thanks .. My heart smile

Reviewed 4 October 2016

My wife and I stopped here for lunch, via tripadviser reviews on our way to Pitigliano. We got here a bit early and waited a few minutes so that they could finish prepping to open for the day.

The owner was very gracious and invited us in when ready. We do not eat gluten free specifically, but I was very surprised at the depth of the menu. I had a pasta dish, and my wife egg plant - both very good! What really caught my attention was the owner's attention to detail. He served us and was very passionate about the food as well as his business. Not speaking very much Italian myself, we had a nice conversation and he even introduced us to his newborn nephew, after his family came in to eat. When leaving, he shook our hands and wished us well on the rest of our journey.

We left smiling, glad we stopped in and feeling like family.

Great food and great service!

1  Thank tab3165
andrea g, Proprietario at il carrettino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Thanks ..... Nice to meet you.... I hope to See you again ...

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Highly recommend this restaurant to any visitor to Grosseto - fantastic variety of dishes The sign is a little difficult to see so we almost missed it - look for the yellow 'pizzeria' frontage with the bench outside. Delicious food for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike - and you wouldn't even know it was gluten-free- the bread alone was the best I've tasted in Italy. Wonderful service from Andrea who has a real passion for food and was engaging and funny without being pushy. Good prices too. Just go!

andrea g, Proprietario at il carrettino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2016

thanks .... i hope return in my restaurant ..... good travel