All reviews room was clean minute drive cinque terre clubs cereal
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

If you're considering booking this hotel, don't.

Somehow UNA has managed to fluke a four star status when in fact it should be at most a three star. UNA's rooms are very modern and clean, their beds comfortable and their bathrooms up to standard.

UNA is situated 8-10 (€19-€23 taxi) minutes from the train station and 6-8 minutes (€16-€18 taxi) from the beach. In my time in Fort Dei Marmi I've walked both, the beach taking 30 minutes and the station taking 40. As you can tell, if you're not a hiking enthusiast or someone who enjoys spending a shed load of cash on taxis who start their meter on €15 then you may find this a bit awkward, especially if your booking here is for a week or more. These prices aren't mentioned anywhere on the hotels website or in any communication the hotel has with it's guests. I find this very misleading and is in some ways the elephant in the room.

Staff service should be comparable to its rooms at a hotel which boasts four stars, this is obvious. Unfortunately that is not the case at UNA who disappointed time and time again. One day, we asked/begged reception if we could have some tennis rackets to play on one of the two tennis courts. As one was already in use, the man at reception told us that it wasn't possible for us to use the other court as there was a chance someone could come into the hotel and book a tennis lesson. The hotel was empty on this day and the weather was miserable, no one was coming in for a tennis lesson. After a minute or so of going back and forth, we made it clear that we'd leave straight away if a tennis lesson was booked which eventually he reluctantly agreed to. There were no tennis lessons that day. On a separate occasion, I contacted the hotel to ring me a taxi from the station to the hotel as it was 22:30 and I didn't want to be waiting around with my partner at that time of night to which they agreed. My train arrived and 15 minutes later, in the cold, I contacted the hotel (they didn't contact me!) where they told me it wasn't possible to contact a local taxi company and that I'd have to flag one down from the main road. I found a local taxi number online, rang myself and was in a taxi within five minutes - although I suppose I could have sorted this out myself to begin with, hotels which boast such high standards are usually more than capable in facilitating transport to the hotel for guests at inconvenient times. Here are just two of the times the hotel failed in their 'duty of service'.

Sometimes on holiday it's nice to stay in the hotel for an evening or two, relax and sample the hotels own cuisine with a few drinks. The food here is terrible. Even though I had seen a few bad reviews, I decided to brave it. I should have took the fact that there was only one other table of four in the restaurant as some kind of warning about what was to come. I ordered a pizza and a bottle of water, thinking it would take a lot of effort to mess up a pizza. I was quite frankly disgusted with what I received from this four star outfit - a semi burnt, tasteless pizza which had quite clearly come straight out of the freezer. There was nothing fresh about it, twenty minutes in the oven and it arrived in front of me accompanied by a €4 bottle of water which added insult to injury. Safe to say that was the last time having dinner at the hotel crossed my mind.

UNA's breakfast thankfully didn't match up to it's lunch/dinner time menu. Although it wasn't the best quality of food and at a guess, it was purchased from the local supermarket, it was plentiful and it kept me full right up until lunch. Breakfast include pastries, fresh bread, cold meats and cheese, fruit, cereal, yoghurts, juices and a warm drink of your choice prepared by the staff on hand at breakfast who were always very attentive!

Myself and my partner cut our stay in UNA a day short for obvious reasons. We let the hotel know in advance and as expected they weren't interested in honouring any form of refund. We asked if we could be contacted by someone from the management team which never materialised. The manager was always out of the hotel or not available - something the manager should always be... or at least half the time.

If you've took the time to read this review, don't book UNA hotel. I'm not a person who likes to moan although it sure does look like it. I'm a person who likes to enjoy their holiday and when someone pays over £100 a night, I believe they have every right to receive a high standard of service.

If Fort Dei Marmi is the place your heart is set on, there are hotels in abundance in the city centre which is situated next to the beach and is where the majority of bars and restaurants are located.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
La Direzione L, Guest Relations Manager at UNAWAY Hotel Forte Dei Marmi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear guest,
thank you for having dedicated some of your time to review our hotel; we are sorry to read that your stay was not satidfactory and we apologize for it.
At your disposal every day there was the manager on duty to whom you daily showed what was not on your expectations.
The information of location of the structure is shown on our site as well as on all website; the prices of private taxi depend on the companies and on the distances covered by traffic.
Tennis courts are at guests' disposal free of charge upon request and availability; we gave you the use of the field usually reserved to tennis private lessons when you asked for it.
We are sorry that our restaurant did not satisfy you, your review allows us to focus the quality of our products and services to fulfill our guests' expectations.
We remain at your complete disposal for any inquiries and give you best regards

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks and feels like a former mental hospital that has been transferred into a hotel! Rooms are terribly dirty, staff are extremely rude and not helpful at all, the air conditioner is very noisy and sounds like a spaceship machine, it's very far from the beach and the city center and they do not offer free shuttles unless you rent a bed at the beach!!! And when we asked the receptionist for a taxi he told us that all companies are very busy, so I called one company and easily booked one myself! This is the first time I spent minutes in an elevator just to reach the 3rd floor, and the last time I stayed at a hotel who uses a regular keys for its rooms (not electronic key) is in the 90s and this time!!
When we checked out they told us that checking out time is 11 am which is very strange and they were very strict about it and not friendly!
The worst of all is that their prices are very very high!! When I booked it I thought it is a really 4-star hotel according to its price! If I were to rate this hotel I would definitely give it a ZERO star.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nourarash
La Direzione L, Manager at UNAWAY Hotel Forte Dei Marmi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for having point out what you did not feel satisfactory during your stay, giving us the opportunity to focus our attention and to improve our standard.
The structure has an architecture that is typical of Versilia style and the attention to cleanliness is constantly monitored by our Housekeepers who have always guaranteed maximum levels of quality. We apologize for not having satisfied your expectations. Our Staff is continuous trained, we are sorry that we were unable to convey our professionalism despite all the assistance provided during our stay.
The hotel has a free shuttle for the beach, and to reach the city center you can use our bicycles.
We're sorry to read the comment about the check out time even though we had given a free late check out at 12.30 which you did not respect.
Hoping that in future you will give us the opportunity to show that your first impression does not match the reality; we remain at her disposal for further information.
Best regards
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Outstanding staff, enjoyable pool, accessible tennis courts and 30minutes walk to both the beach and forte dei Marni city. Price for the room is low, and you will have great value for the money. Price for drinks and food was a bit high. Breakfast was perfect. I would recommend the hotel to build a gym, lower prices for food, increase prices for rooms and have bikes available for rental. Maybe also make a safer road to the beach, which avoids the highway. That would make the stay perfect.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Angela L, Responsabile reception at UNAWAY Hotel Forte Dei Marmi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear Guest,
We are satisfied that you have appreciated our hotel and services,
Wishing to welcome you again as our Guest, I send you my best regards.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Beautifully decorated room, everything extremely clean and a superbly comfortable bed, the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel! Breakfast was absolutely delicious with more than enough choice for everyone and very attentive staff. We would definitely stay again if in the area.

Date of stay: May 2017
2  Thank Kay K
Angela L, Responsabile reception at UNAWAY Hotel Forte Dei Marmi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for your kind feedback. We are extremely glad to hear that enjoyed your stay, especially the atmosphere, our breakfast and the kindness of our professional staff. We sincerely thank you and hope to welcome you again soon in our Hotel.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

The stuff were exceptionally welcoming and friendly, right from the reception desk to the waiters and finally the maintenance staff. I booked an interlinking room since I was there with my family. The rooms were clean and spacious and the bathroom was okay not too modern. The problem we experienced was with the hot water in our bathrooms. I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights the first night there was no hot water so we couldn't bath and then the next day the hot water came but only for a short while and then it was gone again. Unfortunately for me, the room I had stayed in there was no hot water and so I had to bath in another bathroom. I couldn't change rooms because this was the second time they changed us since the first room we were checked into had a leakage problem near the balcony and so we were moved. The plus point of this hotel has to be the staff and the great view at the entrance of the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Saajidah
Angela L, Responsabile reception at UNAWAY Hotel Forte Dei Marmi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for having spent some of your time to leave your precious comment on UNA Hotel Forte dei Marmi, that will allow us to verify the quality of our services and to approach more and more to your expectations; Customer satisfaction is a primary goal of UNA Hotels & Resorts. We are satisfied that you have appreciated our hotel and services,.
We are sorry for the sudden incovenience about hot water. Our staff has promptly worked to solve the problem.
Wishing to welcome you again as our Guest, I send you my best regards.