All reviewsgolf carthot tubpool areahotel is situatedgreat weathersteep hillpastacaveseatownaugustbeachroadfinale
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Stayed two nights...since it was pouring when I arrived by Train...I took a taxi. I am glad I did...and even if not raining...I would suggest it and I am one to hike with my bags to my hotel. It is a lovely setting, breakfast is wonderful and over looking the water. My room was also perfect...and had a nice balcony overlooking the water as well...just above the breakfast area. Its about a 10 minute walk into the town center which is quite a nice town. And just down the driveway is the promenade along the water. Would definitely stay there again. As a solo travel I was keenly aware that I think I was the only non couple there...which doesn't bother me...but if you are solo traveling...just an FYI.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We stopped off for one night en route to Rome, had lunch (good fish and pasta), walked to the center of Finale (typical beach town), and had breakfast (very good) the next morning. The hotel has a lovely terrace where you can dine with great views of the Italian coast going down to Alassio. We had great weather, and this accentuated the experience. The room was on the small side, but more than adequate for us. The hotel (there are four buildings) is perched on a steep hill, and you have to park at the bottom after entering the gate to the property. After pressing a buzzer on the gate, and requesting assistance a young guy (very pleasant) comes down with a golf cart thing to take up your bags. The walk up the hill does not required much effort.
Our room was further up the hill in the building that has the restaurant.
The hotel has a lot of charm and character. Old Italian, but well maintained.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017

A charming family owned hotel, situated in a cliff top location, with comfortable rooms, fantastic food and very client friendly staff. We will certainly return as truly Italian without the pretensions of their Gallic neighbours but close enough to use the frequent flights to/from Nice. We avoided the buffet as wanted to eat what we wanted rather than that which was offered. Enjoyed the slightly tired pool area rather than the beach as wanted a quieter location.

Room Tip: I think all rooms overlook the sea
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017

A wonderful old hotel built into the side of a cliff with sea views. The multi levels included gardens,billiard/game room, a cave with a hot tub, swimming pool on the roof top and sky deck as well as restaurants and bar. The perfect place to relax and enjoy all the amenities of the Italian Riviera.
We had several delightful meals here as well as daily breakfast. The food was excellent. The service was outstanding and gracious. Drink selections from wine to cocktails was very good and enjoyed by all.
Our room was on the small side but well appointed and the adjoining patio made it perfect. The views were fantastic and we enjoyed it all hours of the day and evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a patio or balcony to get the best views.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We had another splendid week in Punta Est over the Ferragosto holiday (August 15th) this year. The hotel owners and staff are as charming as ever. We enjoyed the expanded breakfast buffet each day (loved the freshly cooked eggs) and were there for the celebratory dinner on the 15th. The food is as fresh and seasonal as ever - with particular emphasis on local fish. We also enjoyed two buffet dinners during our stay (the buffet dolci is my favourite). Cant wait until next year - alla prossima volta !

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple