All reviewsmaria elenaliving room kitchenvery comfortable stayold townclean roomsexcellent locationenjoyed our staymasalacourtyardpropertyaccommodationhostlinensluggagecarparkingtrapani
Reviewed 25 January 2016

This is a really difficult review. The place is amazing, nice room with a lot of character, but where to start with the staff? Completely incompetent: they asked us to call them when we were in Erici in a given square. As the place is difficult to go through by car, we thought that someone was going to come and pick us up. Instead, they told us to take a road by name.... how can you expect me to know where it is in the middle of the night? If you have any problem, they will be just impossible to handle. Shame because the structure is really good.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2015

One of the few hotels located in the ancient village. You can park your car at Porta Trapani for $6/week (contact the hotel). It's a short walk from there.
Spotless, cozy and modern apartments (4 people).
Maria Elena was a great host, good English and very welcoming.
Breakfast is not included in the rate but there are a couple of grocery stores (awesome local products and very affordable) and pastry shops around.
Very quiet. Great sleep quality.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank HelenaGuerra
Reviewed 4 October 2015

What you see in the pictures is what you get. We paid 75 Euros per night and booked directly through Tiziana. Erice is a pretty small area so it is hard to find a property that is not well placed. This property is set in a quiet street but what makes it even more quiet is the fact that you have to go through a gate to get in the property. This adds to the security as well, not that you have to worry about security in Erice. This entire setup makes it feel very private and quiet which more me is ideal. Im a stickler to quiet and this place hits the mark perfectly for me. You cannot be anymore quiet than this. There are 5-8 units in the compound, cant remember the exact number. Some of the units are on the ground floor and some on the second floor (1st floor in Europe). The reception is on the ground floor.

We got the 1 bedroom deluxe on the 2nd floor and it was just what we wanted. It was set on 2 floors, the second floor is a loft where the bedroom was. There was a small functional kitchen, a small dining area and a couch. We were only in the unit to sleep and shower but we could see ourselves there for a week or longer and just relax. In terms of location and the apartment itself and the price we paid for, I give this 5 stars.

There were 2 reasons why I gave this a 4 star rating. The place is very difficult to find, it took us 30 mins to find the place if it is your first time. I stayed in the car while my hubby searched around. I wish that the owners made it easier for guests by meeting them somewhere convenient landmark because it is literally only 5 mins from where we parked. Maybe meet the guest by the free parking area that they suggest to make sure that they are parking in the right spot as well. The second issue was I specifically asked the person in the front office if stores in Trapani were open on Saturday afternoon since a lot of stores close for siesta or are just closed on weekends. Trapani is the city below that is more modern and had lots of shops. He confirmed that they are open and when we got there, all of them are closed for siesta. We went there and just went back to Erice and wasted our time. We were only planning to go to Trapani to look at the shops as there was nothing really special that we wanted to see there. Information as basic as this should be accurate.

Other than these service related issues, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlexisRF
Reviewed 3 October 2015

I travel a lot for business and, unfortunately, I rarely leave reviews. I do it only when I meet exceptional people running beautiful establishments. The Residence San Martino is an absolute wonder in the lovely town of Erice. Maria Elena at the reception and the owner Maurizio are the quintessential expression of the Sicilian hospitality: generous, discrete and devoted to their guest. I completely recommend this wonderful place!

Room Tip: Choose "Lavanda"
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Residence San Martino is in an excellent location in Erice. The apartments are beautiful,surrounding a great central courtyard. The rooms are clean and really comfortable. There is a little kitchenette and you could cook yourself also if you wanted to. The owners are very friendly and were especially accommodating when we got lost on the way! One thing to watch out if staying here is that if you're driving,make sure you drive up to Erice and bypass the parking instructions given. The owners will meet you by the cable car car park and assist you to drive to the accommodation. They will then help you to park your car,so useful in a very busy Erice! Don't park up in Trapani as it will cost you more.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple