See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel should be the best in town, an attractive building in pleasant grounds with well set out public areas and nice rooms. Unfortunately, the unwelcoming and uncommunicative management created an atmosphere which destroyed the efforts of the remaining staff who worked incredibly hard to give the service which the star rating of the hotel should have justified. The week's stay begin well enough but changed as soon as the person we were told was the manager returned to the hotel (his failure to communicate with his guests, and slovenly attire of jeans and a bomber jacket gave a lie to his supposed management title). There on in the food got worse, with no attempt at either quality or imagination. The very pleasant receptionist left the hotel when the manager returned only to be replaced by a non English speaker who at best looked like a scruffy nightclub bouncer.
If it wasn't for my fellow visitors whose good company was much enjoyed, and skills and friendliness of the tour company manager, the holiday would have been spoiled.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

I have never come across a more mean spirited management of a hotel in my life.
Our first two days were fine, the staff were relaxed and pleasant the food was good with decent portions and well presented.
Things changed on the third morning.
A horrible tense atmosphere descended on the place. The smiles of the staff disappeared along with the quality and portions of the meals.
The waiters became tense and nervous
We found out that the owner/manager of the place had come back from holiday.
From then on any request of any kind was met with awkwardness, even asking for a room key.
I should have guessed something was wrong when I asked for a room change after the first night due to a noisy drain and was told it was told by the (then relaxed) receptionist that I had to wait for the management to decide.
I approached the manager on his return to discuss the change of room and without even making eye contact with me he shook his head saying it was not possible and was extremely unhelpful.
I managed to get another room on the third night thanks to the help of the receptionist who then promptly disappeared and was not seen again.
The tension of the staff, especially the waiters became worse and was transmitted to us the guests.
The food degenerated day by day.
Every meal became worse than the previous one. The final meal was an insult and if I didn't pity the waiter I would have sent it back.
The poor waiters served it apologetically while being scrutinised by the manager who sat in the corner.
Miserable, wretched and gloomy does not even begin to describe the manager of this place.
AVOID

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George G
Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Catering staff first rate, food was good but limited choice.
The only thing holding this place back was the manager who was unfriendly and ignored all the customers and made absolutely no attempt to help staff when busy.
Overall a pleasant stay.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerry F
Reviewed 30 May 2016

we were on a group tour staying at The Fortuna - the staff in restaurant especially Luigi and Fabio and in reception - Max these members of staff could not do enough for us. It could not be said for the management tean they were inappropriately dressed for owners of the hotel and not curteous to guests and particularly mean with extras during cocktail drink / meall times
it is quite short sighted of them as guests may have stayed up longer if the rooms were warmer and more welcoming
the rooms were comfortable and very clean if a little old fashioned
Balconies are nice but you can be overlooked by your neighbour

Room Tip: ground floor is good for limited mobility issues shower in bath in these rooms might be tricky for individuals with mobility issues
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mollygone63
Reviewed 4 November 2015

On a recent trip to Italy we were fortunate to have stayed in this very charming hotel set in a very quiet and peaceful setting. We were there for 7 days with a great room plus a balcony overlooking the pool area and the surrounding countryside. We found their hygiene standards were impeccable with wonderful crisp freshly laundered white cotton sheets and towels daily. The restaurant was also very good where we enjoyed some excellent Italian cuisine and delicious wine with a good selection of options for the breakfast buffet and the dinner menu.The service was well above average and beyond reproach. Most of all the staff were very obliging and extremely helpful from the hotel manager Antonio to the Head Waiter Luigi to the chambermaids. Nothing was too much trouble, I had a problem with my back which made movement difficult, they were marvellous and very caring. I would not hesitate to go back to this hotel or to recommend it to another traveller. Enjoy, we did :-)

Stayed: October 2015