All reviews tuscan countryside beautiful location deluxe room la villa restaurant cypress trees leading hotels of the world an array vineyards and olive groves the general manager pasta wonderful spa five star hotel rolling hills a special place club sandwich wine tasting minute drive
Reviewed 11 June 2016

We stayed with my family and i could say that it was one of the best lets say wine hotel i've stayed.
The rooms are spacious,the breakfast is really good and the landscapes are awesome.
Grab a bike at the morning and ride across the wines and olive trees!superb

100% come back

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LAndana_Hotel, Direttore at L'Andana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience in our beautiful property, I am delighted to read that you had a great time with us at L'Andana! I am glad you did appreciate our facilities and you enjoyed our bright and large rooms, breakfast in the garden is a must!
Next time I strongly recommend you to experience our bicycle guided tour, I will explore such a beautiful area, you will be impressed by the beauty of the surroundings (espcially during sunset!).

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to the amazing Maremma!

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as part of a business trip. The hotel and it's grounds are beautiful. My room was large and wonderfully furnished. Everything was spotless and the staff were outstanding in the service they provided. I think this is the calmest and most relaxing place I have ever stayed. We ate in the hotel trattoria on the first night and had a truly memorable meal. Everything was cooked to perfection and my colleagues and I were blown away by how good the meal was. On the second night, only the hotel restaurant was open and had a very limited menu so we went out for dinner. Breakfast was a buffet with a limited selection but everything was of the highest quality. This one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
LAndana_Hotel, Direttore at L'Andana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at L'Andana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

We spent a week at L’Andana in the autumn of 2015 with a group of friends, and it was a great experience – very relaxing but with plenty to do, also. The estate and its grounds are absolutely spectacular, and it would have been easy to just sit and gaze out at the sunlight playing over the rolling hills all day, but there was plenty to do. The head chef at the time was Gianluca Ber¬nardo (I think it may have changed for the new season), and we had a series of cooking classes with him in the kitchen that were both fun and educational. Fortunately, Gianluca was patient as well as informative, and our cooking resulted in great meals each time! One morning he also took us on an excursion to his local purveyors – a fish monger, butcher and green grocer, and we got to pick out the ingredients for that day’s class and the evening’s meal.
The location of L’Andana is great for exploring. The seaside resort of Castiglione della Pescaia. We also took a day-long excursion into the Tuscan hills to go truffle hunting with a truffle dog (Lagotto Romagnolo) named Roddy, and as much fun as it was watching him find truffles, the simple meal made from the fruits of his labor was fantastic!
All of the staff at L’Andana were exceptionally professional and friendly, going out of their ways to make sure our stay was enjoyable. If I had any complaint about the week, it was that the outdoor pools were not heated. It was early October and I did try swimming laps once, but it took me several hours to warm up afterwards. The indoor pool is more of a soaking pool than an exercise pool. I must admit I could have used the exercise to offset all of the great food!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

We have stayed for 5 days, and oh my what a wonderful holiday! I want to thank each one of staff who looked us so well! From the hotel manager to anyone else on duty they made sure that all the guests were welcomed and felt comfortable which in itself showed great sense of professionalism and hospitality. The setting of the hotel is amazing, the view comes out the reception is facing the vineyards and olive trees. And the drive is something special too, definitely over 1km. You could do bike ride, wine tasting, horse riding and so much more around the hotel, as the land is enormous. Or stay in the spa, just pick your fancy. We also did the wine tasting on our last day, it was so fun! We bought 3 bottles of wine to take home coz they were that good. Shame, one bottle smashed in the suitcase in the end but it gives us a perfect reason to return. So long L'Andana but will see you again. Thank you ever so much. Ciao!

Date of stay: May 2016
LAndana_Hotel, Direttore at L'Andana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at L'Andana Leading Hotels of the Wordl!
I am delighted you had a remarkable stay with us and it is always nice to know that you truly enjoyed our amazing property and its facilities! It makes all of us very happy! Shame that one of the bottle smashed in your suitcase, but as you well said it will be the perfect reason to come back to Maremma!
We look forward to welcoming you back in this little piece of heaven!

Best regards

Reviewed 24 April 2016

Arriving at the gates of the estate and then driving along the allée of pines and cypresses, there is nothing to say but WOW and the feeling stayed with us during the whole visit. We arrived on their first day of this season and were greeted with room upgrades and staff members that seemed happy to get started again.

The estate is fantastic, the rooms beautiful (we had a junior suite and a deluxe room) and the food in La Villa restaurant was excellent although the menu was quite small and somewhat overpriced. The Trattoria Toscana had not yet opened for the season so we could not visit. Breakfast was excellent and I would love to get hold of the recipe for the muffins with poppy seeds!

The Spa area is very nice, tried a pedicure which was good but felt a bit rushed.

All staff were extremely nice and friendly although some finishing touches are needed in the restaurant if things are to run smoothly when the season really starts.

We will definitely try to come back.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LAndana_Hotel, Direttore at L'Andana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at L'Andana Leading Hotels of the World, I am delighted to read that you had a remarkable stay with us and that you loved our beautiful estate! Needless to say that I am glad to know that you enjoyed the new menù of our new chef Enrico Bartolini and our large and comfortable rooms.
I would love to send you our muffin recipe so that you cant try to make it at home, please contatct me at manager@andana.it, you have then to send us some pictures of the homemade muffin!
I look forward to welcome you back to our wonderful property in the near future!
With my warmest regards