Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
US$116
ZenHotels.com
US$104
Destinia.com
US$110
Travelocity
All reviews old town free parking train station lovely hotel cakes via roma nice balcony yogurt large bed breakfast buffet was very good ham reception team short stroll cold cuts perfect location beautiful town aeolian islands
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2020

Ideal location - 4mins walk from train station and 2 blocks from the beach, and a short stroll from the Old Town. Stylish and modern decor, spacious room with nice balcony and bathroom. We slept very well as it was peaceful despite the good location. The breakfast buffet was very good.

The hotel staff were amazing, so helpful and friendly. They helped us to book excellent restaurants in the Old Town and our day trips to the Aeolian Islands. We will stay here again!

Date of stay: September 2020
3  Thank Anna D
Reviewed 16 September 2020

We would highly recommend the Artemis Hotel, having stayed there for a week. It was extremely well run, spotlessly clean (thank you, Nina!), lovely breakfasts, and brilliantly located. The Reception team, Ivan, Data, and Fabrizio, were enormously helpful- and kind - in facilitating our booking. We really appreciated this, given all of the uncertainties this summer. Huge thanks to you all!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 12 September 2020

This is an excellent hotel. The staff were very friendly, the room and breakfast was lovely, it is in a great location and it was set up well to deal with Covid-19. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 27 August 2020

I booked a room at the Artemis Hotel for myself for a week's stay as I have always wanted to visit Cefalu and this place seemed to offer everything I needed, the most important of which was private beach access as I needed to spend a lot of time cooking myself. I will elaborate on the beach facilities later.

To start off with that might be foremost in your minds at the moment, Covid-19 safety for the staff and guests is very well thought out and catered for at the hotel. There are hand sanitation points at various points throughout, the two most important parts being the main entrance and the entrance to the restaurant\bar area. There separate doors for entry and exit, and guests are encouraged to wear masks whilst on the premises, so safety of staff and guests was fully taken care of in my opinion.

My room was very comfortable with a large bed and plenty of storage room for my clothing and what-nots. The safe was quite large too so I was able to safely store all my valuables, and the bathing facilities were also very good, with the little extra of a clothes line being provided so you can dry off your beach wear.

Breakfast was a very good selection with fruits, pastries and cakes (some homemade!) available, as well as cold cuts, hot scrambled egg and bacon and yoghurts etc. I also have to award bonus points because they also provided a selection of ready made panini, usually with ham, cheese and tomato which are just what you need if you want to eat without having to go to too much effort. The coffee was great too and the staff always made sure that I got myself a cup as soon as I got down to the room.

To get on to the subject of the beach, what the situation is is that the hotel has some sort of deal with one of the owners of a section of the beach (Peter Pan Lido) and guests of the hotel get a discount on the cost of renting a lounger and umbrella, for one person the is €23(27 on Sunday) and for two people is €32 (I think, not sure about the Sunday cost). The issue I had is that on occasion I would have one of the staff telling me I had to move to a different spot, telling me that the loungers I chose had either become 'reserved' or that the spots for Artemis Hotel guests were located right at the end by the public area, even though I had been using my chosen spot for the previous couple of days. This obviously isn't an issue that is any fault of Artemis Hotel's at all, rather that Peter Pan Lido seem to think that because guests get a discount they obviously don't get equal treatment for full fee paying customers, so this might be something that is worth bearing in mind if you are thinking of using this service, or if you would be better off using another private area provider or even using the public spaces.

In terms of nearby facilities, there is a big supermarket just a few metres around the corner from the hotel, and there are also a whole host of other types of shops on the main Via Roma too, such as electronics, general stores and tabacchi too. There are even a few barber shops too, although the one closest is closed on Sunday and Monday, and you need to book an appointment! The one further up the top will let you just walk in and get sorted there and then, and will also work on your beard too.

To end, I really need to make special mention for all of the staff at the hotel, who I feel really went out of their way to make sure that I had a very comfortable stay and that my needs were well catered for. I had a couple of issues and they were very quickly sorted out, but the real thing that made a difference was that I needed to check out very early, before breakfast was due to be served. The staff on duty went out of their way to get me coffee for my journey and offering me food before it was due to go out to be served generally. My opinion of the staff at Artemis Hotel is that they are all made of gold, with diamonds on top and they made my stay a great one.

To summarise, I will definitely be staying at Artemis Hotel when I next visit Cefalu, and I would also stronly advise you to consider staying here too, in fact the only question you really have to answer is why would you not want to stay here? :)

Room tip: The little takeaway pizza place across the road (al portico) does some great eats!
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank nastykismat
Reviewed 17 December 2019 via mobile

We stayed in this wonderful hotel for 1 night. Everything was amazing from the start. We arrived at about 19.00 without a booking, receptionist was super friendly and very helpful. They have a private inside parking for E10 connected with the hotel or an outside free parking 300m away. We opted for the inside parking which is very comfortable and secure. Prices were very good, we had a double room and a combined room for 3 people. Room size is very good, bathroom very nice. Breakfast was fantastic, a mixture of everything you can expect for breakfast. The 2 ladies serving us were very nice and helpful as well and offered service with a smile. Hotel is not far from the centre, just a short walking distance and surrounded with all kind of shops, cafes and restaurants. The beach is very near. Keep it up, really wonderful hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019