Bolero Holidays, within the site, is a British concern run for the last 25 years in Italy on the Union Lido campsite by John Robinson and his wife, Margaret. Their website says that calling Union Lido a campsite, is like calling a Rolls Royce a car, and that is a great way to describe what is offered. Bolero offers accommodation in mobile homes and in caravans on a site that can only be described as spectacular. If you have never experienced a mobile home holiday, finding out about the home itself is going to be your first port of call. Firstly, forget everything you think you might know about a mobile home holiday. Mobile homes are like luxury bungalows or ground level apartments. They have double and single bedrooms, lounge areas, kitchens, and bathrooms and have excellent climate control depending on which time of the year you holiday abroad. We were as comfortable in Bolero’s mobile home as anywhere I have ever stayed and John’s inspired design to make the walk in shower big enough for two was a real bonus!
The site occupies 2 km on its own private beach on the Adriatic. It is heavily wooded affording privacy and shelter from the fierce heat of the sun in the summer. Although it can accommodate 11,200 people at capacity it would never feel that way. In fact it has the feel of a small holiday village with many different restaurants to choose from, a beach bar and a pizza take away, newsagents, pharmacies, shops, camping supply outlets, cocktail bars and even an optician! Two doctors live on site during the high season, and according to our hosts John and Margaret they are always quick to respond to any call for assistance.
Apart from the immaculately kept nature of the site the swimming pools and even the beach are equally well kept. Lifeguards service any swimming area and then there is the Wellness Centre! What can I say? The Wellness Centre on the site is the closest thing to heaven I have ever encountered. It consists of 9 mineral baths all cocooning the bather in bubbles and strong jets to ease away the tensions of life. The idea is to work your way through Jacuzzi style large and small baths with differing salt contents starting at a delicious 34 degrees centigrade, dropping by degrees, ending with a Japanese hot foot bath (40 degrees centigrade) which involves walking over pebbles in a hot then a cold bath. All make you feel marvellous and pampered and the Sauna and Steam room with their accompanying ‘tropical forest’ shower offers along with the tropical rain forest affect, a ‘tropical fog’ setting. The Wellness centre is for adults only apart from a brief 2-hour period on a Tuesday morning and I would challenge anyone to find a more relaxing or rejuvenating experience. Beautiful wood decking with really comfortable sun-loungers beside an infinity pool and even a couple of four posters on the upper deck invite the Wellness Centre guest to wile away the day floating between the baths and the sun-beds. And all this under the watchful eyes of Anna and Andrea who are there to make sure everyone gets the most from their experience. Other beautifying and edifying treatments are available there with massage and beauty treatments. You can check into the centre for 2 hours at a cost of 6 euros and 13 euros will buy you a whole day of luxury. And it really is luxurious, a real five star experience. It sits above the children’s pool and the infinity pool looks out over the beach.
This is by far the best camping experience you will ever have whether you rent a mobile home or take your own van.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Union Lido Vacanze is located on the green Cavallino strip, between the gorgeous Venice lagoon and the Adriatic Sea. This location is ideal for trips to Venice and its islands. Spacious and well-tended pitches, shaded with awnings, caravans and campers (also large ones), as well as bungalows, camping homes, mobile homes and maxi-caravans with all the comforts of home. Modern washrooms, with access for the disabled and baby-rooms for our youngest guests. Hotel rooms and village, the four-star Art&Park Hotel, with its own heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and children's pool. Gourmet Club Union Lido with 8 restaurants and 14 bars. Two supermarkets and 25 shops of all kinds. A supervised beach with 1 km of fine sand and a children's play area. Two Aqua Parks covering a total area of 13.000 sq.m, included in the price of your stay. Marino Wellness Club with a sea view, an oasis of salt water and exclusive treatments, and the W10 Leisure Building, with an indoor pool and a steam bath. Activities and sports for adults and children. Scuba diving school, surf school, horseback riding, tennis, football and five-a-side football pitches, archery, skateboarding park, skating rink, basketball court. Funny World, the world of games at Union Lido, with Happy Driver, River Ride, Gold Mine, Jungle Golf, Game Arena and Vision 5D. Excursions and overnight stays in the Veneto and Tuscany. the Union Lido Dog Camp is open In one of the most charming and shaded areas of the camp site, equipped with brand new pitches that can be booked, where your four-legged friends are welcome and can benefit from an incredible variety of spaces and dedicated services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and PitchUp so you can book your Union Lido Camping Lodging Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Union Lido Park And Resort
- Union Lido Park Hotel Cavallino-Treporti
- Union Lido Camping Lodging Hotel Italy/Cavallino-Treporti, Province Of Venice