eDreams
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2021 via mobile

We visited Cattolica for the first time and had the good fortunate of staying at the Gambrinus Mare hotel. I participated in the Gran Fondo Squali Trek cycling event. Overall, the experience was fantastic. Even before we arrived the hotel staff and owners went out of their way to help us with our travel needs. I traveled with my wife and teenage daughter and stayed in a very spacious, nice and clean suite. We chose to include our meals and the food was excellent with lots of options for all preferences. I don’t think I have stayed at another place where everyone was as friendly and extremely helpful as the folks here. Thank you Lisa, Chiara, Gianni and the rest of the team for making our weekend trip a truly enjoyable and memorable experience. We will return!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank fsiercke
Gianni Gaudenzi, Direttore generale at Hotel Gambrinus Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2021

Thank you so so much for this wonderful review dear Francisco, Natalia & Isabel, it was a pleasure having you here with us for the Granfondo Squali and we also enjoyed our delightful chats that we had together!

We are very happy that you had a great time at the Gambrinus Mare and it would be lovely to see you again, so whenever you want we will be only too happy to accomodate you once again in our beautiful Cattolica.

Best greetings from the Gambrinus Mare Family...ciaooooo!

Reviewed 7 August 2020 via mobile

This was my fourth time at Gambrinus in four years and definitely the most memorable. I decided Cattolica would be the perfect place to propose to my girlfriend as it's a place we both love. Lisa, Gianni and the staff couldn't have been more helpful in arranging taxis, the restaurant and even keeping the ring safe for me. (she said yes!) Also, with the current Covid situation, I was apprehensive about travelling, but I could not fault any of the provisions that the hotel had put in place and really helped me relax and enjoy my holiday. Another great experience and I look forward to returning in the future.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank RossAndersonScotland
Reviewed 12 July 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Gambrinus Mare for 7 days, the last week in June as part of an Italian adventure. This is the 3rd time I've stayed at the hotel and cannot fault it in anyway shape or form. All the staff are really friendly and on deck day and night should you need anything. The hotel is very well located for bars, restaurants and the beach. The food in the hotel is second to none. The pappardelle is still my favourite dish. I've never been able to find a restaurant that does it better.

This was my partner's first trip to Cattolica and already she is talking about going back. She was really impressed with the food, the staff and how clean the hotel was. A special thank you must go to Lisa and Gianni! Both are really really welcoming and do a terrific job. Thank you again for a great week and we will hopefully see you again in the future.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RossAndersonScotland
gambrinusmare, Proprietario at Hotel Gambrinus Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2019

Dear Ross & Hannah thank you so much for your review and your wonderful words!

It was a real pleasure to have met Hannah for the first time and to hear that she loved our hotel & Cattolica ;-))

Next time you come back we will make sure that you have a big plate of pappardelle waiting for you guys!!!

Kind wishes from Lisa, Gianni & The Gambrinus Mare Family!

Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

This is the 2nd visit for me to this hotel. Located right on the beautiful beach and surrounded by bars and restaurants, the location couldn’t be any better. The staff in the hotel are all amazing and will go the extra mile to make sure you feel welcome and that all your needs are catered for. Lisa and Gianni are the perfect hosts, Always helpful, happy and on hand should u need them. The food in the hotel restaurant is first class, rooms are spotless, well maintained and decorated, as is the hotel interior and exterior. There is nothing negative that can be said about this place, I will be back and would urge anyone to choose Gambrinus Mare for their accommodation if they visit Cattolica.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 28 June 2019 via mobile

Just returned from a short break to this amazing hotel, which had come recommended by various people.
Travelling- flew from Manchester, 2hr flight. When you come out the airport you have the choice of bus to Bologna Central at 6euros per person, being a family of 4 we took a taxi at a set price of 20euros. You can get a fast train to Cattolica in an hour. Hotel is 5 mins in a taxi to the hotel. Travelling to the hotel was easy and ran so smoothly. In total 1hr 25 mins transfer. Plus we stopped in Bologna too.
Hotel- location a stones throw from the beach. You enter the hotel and the first thing that hits you is the spotlessly clean, stunning modern finish and the most lovely welcoming staff.
The hotel is a family run hotel and the hosts Gianni and Lisa are the hardest working team we have ever come across on our travels. Also take nothing away from the rest of their team as they are committed to make sure every one is catered for to a very high standard. Nothing is too much trouble, bikes are provided for all guests free of charge. Our room was again spotless, bright, with safe, fridge, air con, fan and TV.
Food - Wow!!! Everything is home made! Breakfast, lunch and dinner is buffet style with a variety to suit all needs. Quality of food is the best we have ever experienced in a hotel and the desserts - well what can I say, take elasticated trousers!!
Back onto the hosts - they were very knowledgable on tours/ where to go/what to see and nothing was too much trouble. Quote - “everyone is made to feel special” and that is exactly how we felt.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Journey568400
gambrinusmare, Proprietario at Hotel Gambrinus Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2019

Dear Joyce & family, thank you very much for your wonderful review, that was so kind of you!

It was a real pleasure to have you here with us. We’re very happy that you enjoyed our homemade food and that you appreciated our efforts to make you live an unforgettable experience.

Hoping to see you again soon, big hugs from Cattolica,

Lisa, Gianni & the Gambrinus Mare family!