All reviewsonsite shopgreat campsitespray parkmobile homelovely townhigh seasonkids clubmini golfloved the swimming poolearly eveningpine treesgreat holidayxxlcaravanhillaccommodationtent
Reviewed 12 September 2015

We arrived at Le Pianacce on a very hot Sunday early evening and all we really wanted to do was get in the pool and have a drink.We were greeted by John and Jen from EuroCamp who were amazingly helpful and friendly but my heart sank a little when John said " oh you won't be able to swim as the pool's so busy" and then explained that getting to our 'lodge' was round several hairpin bends and "smell the brakes burning". We drove to the lodge where Jen met us and talked us through the basics and gave us our welcome/bedding/cleaning packs and park info. The lodge was very, very basic and we quickly got changed and headed to the shop and the pool.

Now, if I had written this review when we first arrived it would have had about two stars as the pool was heaving ( I had a ball hit my head and was used by a random child as a shield within 2 minutes of getting in the water), there were no sun beds to be had for love nor money (we left towels on the concrete) and the slope was pretty steep up and down to the lodge.Plus as John the EuroCamp rep advised we wouldn't be able to eat in the restaurant unless we booked a day in advance. I was tired, hungry and less than impressed and as the camp is in a forest I was already bitten and I never get bitten due to my excessive Marmite consumption.

But...we got the supplies we needed from the on site shop and that evening we barbecued outside our lodge, the park was quite quiet just cicadas/crickets chirruping away and I chilled out a bit. That night there was a huge storm and the next day it rained so we visited The Leaning Tower of Pisa and by the time we got back to base the sun was out ,we managed to nab a single sun bed to dump towels on by the pool and I sat on that while my 8 year old and my other half larked about in the pool ( still too busy to swim in though). We all had fun in the splash park next to the pool (although I came down the slide a bit fast and wiped out some kids at the bottom - later the lifeguard moved the kids on quickly after another lady knocked over about 4 kids) and then that evening we drove to the nearby town of Castagneto Carducci which is really small and pretty and has great restaurants and I realised it was all alright and I could stop swearing at my other half for taking me camping.

We stayed for 8 nights and were the longest residents on our patch. And the pros of staying here were;
* It is a pretty calm place for families. We heard no loud music where we were, no screaming or shouting just the general sounds you would expect from other families in close proximity and it was fine.
*The lodge was very clean and John and Jen from EuroCamps were ace. When there was a small ant invasion they arrived within 10 minutes armed with ant spray and took care of it as we were heading out.
•The little area outside your lodge is pretty secluded and has a BBQ, sunbeds, table, chairs and parasol plus drying rack. We also had a pretty view over the tops of the trees up to the town on the hill
•This is a great location for driving around the locale. The beaches are close by, Pisa is about 35-40 mins away likewise Lucca and Volterra. We found lots of pretty towns to visit in the evenings and we didn't end up eating at the restaurant on site at all.
•It's a pretty site to walk round and there is a field for playing volleyball/basketball etc that you can use and have almost to yourself if you time it right early evening.
•The hill is steep but not mad steep if you are relatively fit and your kids are ok with a walk.

Cons
*It is a shame that the pool is so, so busy. We did beach during the day as a result and managed to find quite a good spot that wasn't too chocca as we drove ourselves there each day. The pool is best from 3pm onwards where beds become available by the splash park as it is a bit shadier.
•The parking and roads could be quite daunting.If I had had to drive and park there I would've cried but fortunately stuff like that doesn't bother my other half. It is worth bearing in mind though.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Jmai
Reviewed 29 August 2015

We stayed in the new Lodge XXL. It was an amazing location at the stop with spectacular views of the whole area through pine trees. Facilities are pretty good and cheap. 2 things to bear in mind. The neighbours are close so if they have young kids like ours then you will hear them. Secondly if your location is at the top it is a very steep walk up so you will need strong legs and children that don;t complain! Just ask them before you book they are very helpful and speak excellent English. Notable features: An excellent water park and pool, great evening entertainment (also quite loud though) free wifi available in most of the site.

Room Tip: XXL Lodge sleeps 9 but is really better for a family of 4-6. Best view on the site!
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Quick stopover on a journey through Italy we booked through Roan camping , nice clean site and tent ,nice main pool and kids adventure pool ,activities for the kids and a fun disco every night .
All in all a pleasurable short stay .
Restaurant was good and nice food.campsite just a short drive to lovely beaches.
Plenty to do on the site .

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank joojulian
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Such a great camping! The children loved the animators and the pool. Good location surrounded by so many interesting places that it was impossible to visit everything during the three weeks holiday. Lovely beaches nearby. We stayed in a caravan which was quite high up the hill and it took some time to get used to the climbing but, on the other hand, we could eat quite a few ice creams without getting worried about gaining weight ;)

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

We had a lovely family holiday, we booked through eurocamp, and the gentleman who was working for them was amazing, couldn't do enough for us. The caravan was clean and fresh, food was nice, surroundings fantastic, very secluded but as long as you have transport it's perfect. Italy is a beautiful place!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family