See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

This was my third stay at this hotel. It offers simple clean spacious marble walls & floors rooms. I use this as a base to explore the near by attractions and sites. This time we went to Naples/Pompeii, a 45 minute train trip, Capua amphitheatre & museo, & of course Regia di Caserta the Royal palace that rivals Versailles but is bigger, few tourists, less expensive & built by the same architect for the Spanish Bourbon family.
The hotel is located 15 minute drive up on the mountain over looking the modern town of Caserta. The old town of Caserta dates back to the 800’s. There is also in ruin dating even further. During our stay there was a festival happening which we only caught the end of as we were in Naples. The caution I have is that very little English is spoken so this could frustrate some. I love it, very authentic and enjoyable. Franco seen in the picture is the owner and would do whatever he could to make our stay positive. The hotel hosts a very fine restaurant and as well there are several others located in the area. I will stay here again with out question!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Traveling with freinds I had booked this hotel for our one night in Caserta. We were unfamiliar with the area and our GPS was not cooperating. We called the hotel and spoke with Marco, who was so kind and patient in directing us, to the point of offering to pick us up! We found our way and had a delicious dinner at their resturant. The beds are very comfy and the rooms are nice, and very clean. I enjoyed a peaceful early morning on my balcony. I recommend a stay here!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

We looked for a place to stop between Amalfi and Abruzzi. We bet on Caserta and won! The hotel was very clean, nice, comfortable. The dinner was great and gave a high value for money. The staff was very helpful and kind. We definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We've been staying for a couple of nights enjoying the swimming pool during the day and delicious typical dishes also vegetarians. Breakfast doesn't offer savoury plates ask for it, they'll serve Italian bread with fresh ham and cheese. Rooms plenty of space and light with a small balcon, all neat and tidy. A bus service brings you to the tower or to the village.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2016

We didn't expect a hotel to have such a nice pool in this region, but this one does. Though it was overly chlorinated, it's a nice setting and a large pool with a diving board.

The hotel itself is very mediocre and could do with some maintenance. The lack of in room coffee making facilities is a disappointment.

The service was average to good. We were offered free coffee on our departure and a water for the road which was lovely.

I'd stay here again, if I can't find an alternate and more modern hotel in this area and probably just for the pool itself.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends