5 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$6
Expedia.comUS$273
PricelineUS$273
TravelocityUS$273
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2018

What made this hotel great were the people and it's location.

The reception team were friendly and helpful, and restaurant team went above and beyond. Fabio, the manager of the restaurant, went out of his way to make sure that my friend and I were well looked after. We could see he was very attentive to all the guests. The hotel has a half board rate. As a vegetarian, the set menu available was not friendly. However, at the beginning of the week Fabio asked me what I liked and didn't like, and went out of his way to prepare the most amazing meals for me all week. As a sommelier he also paired our meals with some fabulous local wines.

The location of the hotel was excellent. The back gate of the hotel leads your directly onto the beach. It's short walk from the bus station making it easy to travel from Portaferraio to Marino de Campo, and from Marino de Campo to other nearby beaches. And it is located a stones through from all the restaurants, bars and shops. You can't fault it.

The only downside: the hotel markets itself as a 4*, i would not agree. The hotel was looking tired, most of the plug sockets in the room did not work, and the furniture was tatty. I also asked for an iron and ironing board one evening, and i was told it was not possible to have, that i had to wait until the morning for the laundry staff to come in to do it for me as they didn't have a key to the room. This was not most helpful!

In summary, great people, great location, but the hotel needs some investment to bring it up to a good standard

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sonki_1
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night - we had booked a balcony room and paid €178. The room was very smelly when we entered it and it stayed like that for the duration of our stay. It smelt like a “drain issue”. The AC was ok during the day but temperatures seemed to rise over night for some reason - it was borderline on whether we could sleep comfortably. The room was ok, very plain, clean & a little tired. Service was ok, but most of the people we interacted with seemed disinterested. The main issue I have is the extra charge for the balcony. It’s super tiny, and over looks the roof tops of houses. There is not even room for 2 chairs to sit out there (just in case you wanted to look at the roof tops!). We paid an extra €30 for the balcony and I feel that was a real rip off for what we actually got. On the plus side is the location (across the road from the beach), the pool and the excellent breakfast spread. I would not recommend this place, I’d try somewhere different to see if I could get better value for money.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This 4 star hotel is in fact very basic, but exceptionally clean.
There is always a lovely welcome from the staff and breakfast is very good with a wide choice. The room all face the sea which is just about 150 m away, in fact at the bottom of the garden.
Don,t expect luxury, just expect a fantastic location

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank photoman5
Reviewed 19 October 2017

My partner and I had a great stay here in June of this year during a tour of the Tuscan Coast, Pisa, Florence and Rome. The bay of Marina di Campo is beautiful and a great spot to spend a few days and has a much more relaxed atmosphere that other parts of the coast. The resort and island as a whole is very popular with the German tourist market but still caters very well for English speakers.
The hotel is in the perfect location, a stones throw from the beach and right beside the shops and restaurants.
We spent most of our time by the pool which was large and there were always sun loungers free. The room was ideal and pretty good value.
We ate out every night so cannot comment on dinner but the breakfast was very tasty with lots of choice. The staff also went the extra mile for us on two occasions, once providing a wine cooler and glasses for our own local wine we purchased and the second occasion, cut and refrigerated a large watermelon for us and could collect some when we wanted! The crepe cart that sits just below the hotel is also brilliant and would really recommend the white chocolate!
Getting to the hotel is pretty simple as you can grab the bus from the port and it drops you off within 100 metres of the hotel.

Would certainly stay here again if we go back to Elba!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This is a large property with a large pool. Very poorly attended and service is lacking all round. Aircon is non functional and room are very poorly decorated. Poor sound absorption and cleaners feel nothing to speak at the top of their voices. Not the best choice you could make but for a short stay it's ok.

Date of stay: August 2017