Lowest prices for your stay
US$130
US$128
Agoda.com
US$111
Hotels.comUS$128
PricelineUS$130
TravelocityUS$128
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 November 2019

Staying for 2 nights in early November, my visit to the Hotel Master in Brescia was a short by largely pleasant one.

Located behind the castle (offering some nice views of it) the Master is around 10-15 minutes walk from the city's main centre and around a further 10 from the train station. Truth be told the location isn't really bad when you take into account there is a metro a short distance away and an Auchan supermarket very close by. The one downside is that to get to the centre you walk through a tunnel that runs through the hill the castle sits on, and said tunnel is quite long and rather bleak to look at.

The actual hotel itself is very nice. Staff were friendly and welcoming, and despite reservations about my room being on the ground floor I soon discovered these to be unfounded. There is a relatively busy road runs outside but I genuinely didn't find it loud at all. Heat wasn't a problem as my heating was convenient to use and worked a treat (and there was a free pair of slippers in the wardrobe)

I wouldn't say the room was massive but with 2 single beds joined together this dominated it. There was a desk, decent sized double wardrobe, minibar, safe and tv in the room, and a very spacious bathroom with a good, sizable shower and bidet.

Room was clean and well maintained, and the tv, which came equipped with Sky Sports, helped relieve the only real problem with location - a lack of nearby bars.

In the morning breakfast was pretty standard continental fare, with the slight bonus of scrambled egg and bacon. Suited my needs fine.

There is also a bar, however this scarcely seemed to be staffed. Given that it lacked a tv I was content to grab a few beers from the Auchan and watch the football in my room anyway.

Overall I was very taken with the hotel for my short stay in Brescia. Definitely recommend it and would gladly visit again

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank 16-BitFlash
Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

A very much my personal disappointed stay at Hotel Master of Brescia, which looks quite good from outside but when its revealed then I have lot to say.
Welcome Experience: Apart from the Receptionist, hotel total value is equivalent to a Zero star rated.
Room Experience: Basic amenities plus you cannot control the room temperature and when you open the room windows you end up with traffic noise plus mosquitos. Moreover pillow with a big hole.
Stay Experience: Totally a disaster, thanks to 3.30 am fire alarm which later it was revealed thanks to a guest who decided to smoke in his room. But the worse was handling situation by a untrained night receptionist who in a panic condition was running in & out on a phone with the hotel General Manager with non of them knew how to switch off this penetrating fire alarm. After the arrival of police and fire brigade everything went back to normal. General Manager also finally arrived with no care, no apologies or attention for the Guests. Next day in the morning General manager was expected to be in the lobby at least meeting the guests with an apology, but my travel experience could sense a complete lack of Management in this hotel with complete lack of guest care.
Breakfast experience: You are charged separately for this service, which is another negative aspect of this hotel. No value for money with the morning staff rude, no smiling faces or any morning wish. When asked for something they just don't bother to fulfill it. Lack of organisation, lack of training, lack of management, lack of cleanliness, lack of courtesy, lack of hospitality attitude, in all again equivalent to a minus zero star rated hotel.
Certainly I have no intention to return or recommend this hotel to any fellow travelers with this zero management, though its in a good location with parking space.
I wonder who rate these hotels as 4 stars without considering that in a hotel the star should be rated with human touch Service without it all and the facilities drain down to zero.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank SMSLifeStyle
Reviewed 9 October 2019

As a frequent customer to this Hotel i regretfully have to drop a negative note to this Hotel that used to be next to perfect .. This time i reserved directly with them and they applied a fee that was at least 30% more expensive than booking, trivago etc ..
The room was ok but the sink wasn’t working properly and the toilet kept flushing all night .. it was late so I didn’t bother telling them .. (the walls need a refreshing too as they were full of marks and also some insects splattered on the wall) ..
I had a guest so I decided to have dinner there and that was a nightmare..
We order a dish (my guest was vegetarian and there was only 1 option in the menu ) and the tender took our order only to come back 10 min later telling us that it was no longer available .. he also told us that the kitchen was shut and the plates where prepared in the kitchen of another hotel nearby (Hotel Vittoria of the same group) so our meal tasted like it was heated in a microwave .. on top of that we ordered a bottle of champagne because we wanted to celebrate despite the disappointment and we ordered a dessert .. an apple pie ..but there wasn’t any apple to be found in it it was more like a Kinder quality dessert ..
I had another night reserved and the morning after I decided to cancel explaining my disappointment and the staff at the reception didn’t take my complaint in consideration at all .. they just announced the price and handed the card machine, like if I was picky .. but I’m not ..I’m a frequent traveler and I try to always give good feedback to the establishments who deserve it but on this case it was beyond bad .. not acceptable.. and this is a 4 stars hotel .. it used to be really good now it’s gotten very bad .. I will never be back ..

Francesco

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francescobettoni
Reviewed 25 September 2019

The hotel is quite satisfactory and rooms clean and fairly pleasant. Our room had a view of the castle. As this was a leisure visit we found the location a little inconvenient as it is about a 15 minute walk to the historic center.

I was surprised when the bar closed at about 9:30 on Sunday evening. There very few (if any) customers at the time. Nonetheless in a hotel of this standard I would expect the bar to be kept open later than this.

As the hotel caters to day time business meetings as well as residents the car park tends to be very busy.

Access by car to the autostrada is quick and convenient. The main issue for me was the walking distance to the centre. Breakfast was adequate but unexceptional. Cappuccino from the machine was not particularly good.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank RobinKABZ
Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

O my goodness !
Firstly this is not directed at the staff who happen to be extremely polite.
Garbage overpriced brown room hotel. Not my favourite between here and China.
Who is running this ? It’s maybe not a European management.
Where do you plug your kettle in ?
Where is the milk ?
Why does your room card take 3 attempts to get into your 110 quid room ?
Why is the auto off lighting timer dangerously short plunging one into darkness sometimes ?
You can also get your head bitten off if you are 10 minutes early for breakfast.
Why is the parking usually fenced off losing 25% parking ?
On and on but lastly why is the internet absolutely rubbish ? This is a disaster.
I’m off back to the Novotel 2 Brescia which has internet, great food and no brown rooms, with door keys that actually work first time.
Thanks to you lovely staff. Now suggest your management get a boot up the backside and sort it out.
Cheers