Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$92
View deal
Expedia.comUS$104
Hotels.comUS$104
PricelineUS$99
TravelocityUS$104
Orbitz.comUS$104
Trip.comUS$103
All reviews beautiful hotel rooms are large scrambled eggs nice bathroom church
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2021

The hotel is very well located and a very good value.
The rooms are large as are the bathrooms. Too bad they didn’t install larger showers. They are the size of a phone booth despite more than adequate space for something larger
I stayed here last in 2016. At that time I was impressed by the staff, the restaurant and the breakfasts. Since then the hotel services have declined which is to be expected after the pandemic. Very limited room service which only offers the limited items on the hotel restaurant’s menu. And it took me 3 inquiries to find that out. The staff did not even know what number to call for room service.
Since my previous visit the restaurant has declined significantly. The menu is extremely limited and choices are not always available. One night no pizza despite that 1/2 of the menu was various varieties of pizza. It was clear the rissotto I was served was reheated from the night before because it was barely warm. The restaurant was previously very excellent so this was a huge disappointment.
The included breakfast is also not nearly as good. It’s adequate but not as good as pre pandemic. The sole staff person that serves behind the table of choices is insufficient to handle the multiple orders so the scrambled eggs are cold and the toast is either cold or over done. Bot his fault he simply needs more help. And gone are the waffles that previously made this the best breakfast I had experienced in Italy.
Nevertheless I would stay there again but I am unlikely to return to Brescia.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2021

I can't sleep with all the mosquitoes. Maybe they wouldn't be here if the room was cooler. However, the fake air conditioning control doesn't do anything.

My bathroom is tiny and the walls are so thin, I hear every sneeze on the entire floor.

The worst thing is there is no dead bolt on the door and no 'do not disturb' sign, so the staff walks in on you naked if you don't respond to the knock fast enough.

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank MkeBerg
Reviewed 4 October 2021 via mobile

We wanted to see the museums and Churches so we booked one night. The staff are excellent, helpful, well dressed and polite. The lobby, elevators, rooftop restaurant and breakfast areas are beautiful. The bathroom was ok. The room phone and tv did not work. So many parts of the hotel are beautiful and great. The staff are wonderful. It could be a top hotel.

Room tip: Check the room to make sure everything works.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulbZ4328WM
Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

The property has a lot of potential but is extremely neglected. By American standards, it would be lucky to receive 3 stars. The staff was very nice. I stayed one night only primarily for the convenience of the location. I would have preferred a newer property with a “fresher” vibe but I don’t think there is one in the city center.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank LisaAtch
Reviewed 18 February 2020

3 nights in beautiful Brescia at this grand old hotel. For sure, it has seen better days, but it is still a very beautiful building. A junior suite provided a good sized space, bed is large (but not comfortable enough for any more than three nights) and having cupboards with hanging space and drawers is a bonus these days.
Free valet parking is a fabulous inclusion. And the location is amazing.
What was a let down for us was the staff, lack of communication and some 'small stuff'.

1) When we emailed ahead to enquire about best route to hotel, as our Google Maps showed the major streets as blocked, we were advised to just come down 'xyz street'. Despite that being one of the roads showing as blocked, we decided to risk it and arrived the next day.
It was fine, but we then learned that the area had indeed been blocked the day prior for a festival of some sort. Why couldn't that have been explained to us in the emails with the advice it would be fine by the time of our arrival?

2) Imagine not letting us know in advance that the only meal we could have at the hotel was breakfast (which was average at best) because the dinner restaurant, bar and cafeteria were all closed. Fortunately there ARE plenty of options nearby, but an email apologizing in advance would've been appreciated.

3) In room tea and coffee facilities are always great, but we were provided with disposable coffee cups, some tea bags, TWO instant coffee sachets and NO milk. No replacement cups or coffee were provided during the next day's housekeeping service. The issue was resolved when I asked reception for some more, (although not exactly 'with a smile') but I'm just surprised that a '5 star' hotel wouldn't automatically provide these things. The next day I went direct to some housekeeping staff and they kindly gave me what I needed....with a smile.

I wish I could rave about the Vittoria because there is a lot to love. But too many negative issues in a very short space of time means that 'average' is the best I can do.

Date of stay: February 2020