“MY HOLIDAY IS THIER JOB !!! Wonderful hotel.”
Review of Hotel Duarte

Hotel Duarte
Ranked #21 of 24 Bordighera B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have already visited this place twice.
Summer 2012 - from 09.06.12 to 16.06.12
Summer 2013 - from 03.08.13 to 10.08.13.
In 2012 it was the first time I visited Italy with my friends. We travelled by train. The Hotel Duarte is situated near the station, so do not have to take a taxi. We arrived into the hotel at 8.30, we were taken rooms in spite of the time of checking into is 13.00. My friends reserved thier number and I not. But they found a room for me. I liked it very much. There is a restaurant on the 5th floor. Smell from the kitchen doesn't enter your room!!!! In the hotelthere is an excellent cook. The menu is very rich and there is a choice! Meat and fish, sea products are always fresh. They gave me a menu in Russian!!!
Staff is perfect. They make you feel like home. Rooms are always clean and your own things never disappear!!!! In 2013 i travelled alone, and i chose the same hotel. Hotel I booked from Moscow independently. Hotel Manager made sure that I did it correctly. I don't know Italian, emails sent in English, hotel employees meet me on all my emails and helped correctly book a room. The hotel itself is located on a Central street. It is very important for women. All shops nearby.
sea is within a 5-minute walk from the hotel. No need to go long on heat. In General all very homely. I really like the hotel and will definitely return there again ( with mam and small dog!).

Room Tip: I like the rooms with balconies. In the evenings you can sit and admire the night city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Astonished when reading the good reviews of tripadvisor. Noisy....beds that are between regular and bad, not in a particular nice spot in a beautiful italian town. Service is substandard. Price /perfomance i would say that it is very expensive !.
AVOID....you will be better well off in almost any place

Room Tip: If you HAVE to sleep here....avoid lower floors since they are noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The absolutely worst hotel I have ever stayed in! We were given the room on the lowest floor, street side (and I'm talking non-stop traffic noise), the heat of early July, with no AC or even a fan, so we had to choose between not sleeping due to sweltering heat, or due to noise (which could be heard even with the windows closed). I paid 102 euros to get absolutely zero sleep. If I had known the language I would have demanded a room on the other side or my money back. Should have driven an extra hour to get back to France. Ugh!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Mediterranean side would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AmericansInFrance
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We booked the hotel Enrica through Expedia. When we arrived, it was closed for renovations. They had not notified us, or Expedia, or - as it turns out - the tourist office. Thank goodness the tourist office was open and found us a room at the lovely Della Punta.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

These guys were fantastic! A rail strike prevented me from getting the train from France into Italy - they ensured that I got my ride to the hotel after a grueling 36 hours of travel. It IS noisy at times. It has a great location to the city centre, the rail station and so on. The single room was spacious enough for me and the breakfast room/restaurant entertains some pretty nice views. Again however, it does get loud. I found the staff to be lively and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the street.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends