“If you are in Benevento and don’t speak Italian...”

Ristorante Il Posto
Reserve with
Ristorante Il Posto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 255 Restaurants in Benevento
Price range: US$17 - US$28
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Located in the heart of the historic center, 200 meters from the Roman theater and Traiano arch, a few steps from the Duomo "HAITI" born in 1965 as a bakery & ice cream later expanding the surface to 300 square meters. Current giving way to create you the "Ristorante Il Posto" intended primarily to the tasting of typical products of "Sannio Beneventano". We are also specialized in the Banqueting and Catering for large events. Free extra costs; depliant and informations about the town!
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Benevento is friendly everywhere but I have had difficulty finding places where English is easy. As other reviews have said, this restaurant has very nice owners and speak English and the food was something a little different (for me anyway).

I’m vegetarian so I ordered “the fried” which is vegetable and cheese tempura essentially - maybe a little saltier than Japanese style and with some lemon rind around to give it a little zest.

For main I had the porcini mushroom pasta - it was quite different and nice. Again, maybe saltier than I’m used to and maybe chewier pasta - but all delicious.

I’d definitely recommend this as a comfortable place :)

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

On a mid-afternoon after seeing the Teatro Romano we found ourselves hungry at a time when most establishments are closed. We were lucky enough to find this 4+ star rated restaurant from a quick search and they were open and only 2 minutes from us. The stars aligned and we found ourselves in the most charming environment with an extremely gracious host! We both chose seafood pasta entrees and both were delicious, as was the wine and dessert! The host owner provided us with maps of Benevento and personal guidance. We felt as if we were visiting a friend who really wanted us to appreciate the experience of Benevento...so sweet. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We had very good time. We ordered an amazing fish with sauce and a very good bottle of falanghina. At the end a beautiful dessert. We loved the service too. Thanks.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We got to Benevento on a sunday afternoon, around 2 pm. After leaving our luggage in our hotel, we tried to find a restaurant to lunch. Il Posto was the only one open.
When we got there, the lady took us downstairs and introduced us to his husband (I think so) who speaks english. They prepared our dishes the exactly way we ordered, and they were amazing.
At the end, we tried to pay with credit card, but it was not working. "No problem", they told us. "Return tonight, tomorrow, you choose, and then you pay". We went back there before leaving the town and they were kind and gentle again.
I highly recommend the place. Honest, kind and lovely people run the restaurant. We wish you the best!

Reviewed 22 May 2016

The owner of the place spoke very good English and helped us decide what to have, he had a lot of suggestions and was very helpful. The food was pretty inexpensive even though there was a lot of them, we had appetizers which consisted of different types of meat, vegetables, and other authentic Italian foods. Overall awesome service, and I know I'll be returning.

Umberto L, Direttore generale at Ristorante Il Posto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Amazing review ! Thank you very much.