“Fantastic views”

Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Chesal 1805 Bar and Restaurant is located on the pistes of Melezet, in Bardonecchia, a beautiful village in the upper Val di Susa and is a popular tourist destination in both winter and summer. It is in the heart of the Melezet ski area, situated at the top of the chairlift and is only a short distance from the Snowpark, completely renovated and extended, Chesal 1805 is the ideal place to stop by and enjoy a break from skiing, for some relaxation in the sun or for some entertainment for children. Originaly the departure station for the Selletta ski lift, today the Chesal restaurant is completely renewed, expanded and re-modernised. Along with the bar and the self-service an "a la carte" restaurant has also been added where you will find beautifully finished trims, large windows framing the Guglia Rossa and the Valle Stretta and terraces on which you can soak up the sun, perhaps after a descent on the pistes. The perfect place to satisfy the needs of those who are looking for a quick but flavourful snack at the bar, or for lunch at the self service or the restaurant, combining traditional cuisine from Val di Susa with innovative and appetizing recipes. The interior has been decorated with wood features that recreate the atmosphere of an exclusive mountain chalet with prestige details and opens onto a wall with large windows that offer stunning views of the area. The entrance has been set-up with a chill out area for relaxing informally just off the pistes. The whole building is equipped with free Wi-Fi, there is a mobile phone charging area and a larges games area, where both adults and children can have fun with the different games that are available. We are waiting for you; for lunch, a pleasant break, a romantic dinner or a special event, we will be happy to welcome you into a warm and exclusive ambience and delight you with typical dishes from out mountain.
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Another mountain restaurant that we visited quite often whilst skiing. Very friendly staff and great food is all helped down with a big helping of beautiful mountain scenery?
Great place to have a rest and food and drink and a photo shoot.

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

Good picnic area. Fantastic views. Toilet and bar facilities excellent. Unfotunately did not eat here but plenty of people around, especially at the weekend.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Located right on the ski slope this bar is a great place to stop for a bite to eat and a drink.

It's reasonably priced and very friendly.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

I, a young, naïve child, stumbled heavily through the doors at approximately 11:45:13 on February 21st 2015. Cold and weary from the harsh conditions, wiping frost from my brow, I worked my way through the purposeless mass of Italians, paulatim sed firmiter. After an hour, I took a peek at the menu, and my tender eye was instantly drawn to the 'small hot chocolate', at a solid €4.00. I strode forth and, in a mellow yet firm voice, requested the aforementioned. I, Malcolm Ahluwalia, was then greeted promptly with a hot chocolate in a cup no taller than my left hallux, and with a radius no larger than 1.6 times that of my thumb. Needless to say, the great man myself was utterly disappointed. A tear rolled down my soft cheek, as I struggled to come to terms with the tiny size of my hot chocolate. For a long time, I just stood in the middle of the purposeless mass, until I could no longer control my inner rage. A fierce roar erupted from the restaurant, filling most of Bardonecchia (it is rumoured to have been heard as far away as Milan, although it could have been an aeroplane). In the chaos, my fee hot chocolate slipped from my gentle grip, oozing through the carpet.

I left quickly.

Outside, in the harsh blizzard, I sobbed into the snow until my soul was emptied. I then carried on skiing. I greatly enjoyed the rest of the day.

1  Thank Malcolm A
Reviewed 26 January 2015

We went here a few times and gave up in the end , its understaffed but they are rude if you get exasperated for waiting for a sandwich for ages.
The food was good when you got it, best salad we came across in Italy
Need to get their staffing sorted

2  Thank JanetM24