All reviewsski resortlovely hotelcampo smithplenty of hot waterliftweek
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have bought a package last minute with Neilson and I was expecting just a decent hotel and it was just more.
A friendly staff without be intrusive the room were not the newest but spotless clean, the food was good for the price shame bit to anglicised to match the taste of the customers (I was the only italian in the whole hotel).
Highly recommended for an easygoing and fun stay.
The only bad point the wifi wasn't great.

Room Tip: Ask one with a Good wifi connection!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Francesco S
Reviewed 29 January 2014

A last minute ski decision with neilson on my own with no expectations. What a pleasant surprise. I would definitely recommend if you want a base in bardonecchia. Spotlessly clean, good honest Italian food, amazing personalised customer service. They really could not have done more to make me feel at home. I have high standards for hotels and this one whilst basic delivered the customer service that a 5star should aspire to. Thank you for an amazing relaxing holiday I will be back and happy to give the highest recommendation. Chao

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank OWhite100
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We have just returned from a weeks skiing in Barbonecchia , we really enjoyed it , are first impression of the hotel was very clean a bit dated but that doesnt bother us, as long as its clean and friendly and the food is good . Well two out of three isnt bad . The food was ok but thats all it was . are room was above the back door witch made such a noise when it opened , 6.45 everymorning , so no chance of a lay in .we would go back to Bardonecchia but not in that hotel .

Room Tip: Ask for a room in anex
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnlynda308
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Just returned from a week in the Hotel I Larici courtesy of Neilsons. Our room was in the new annex - modern and spotlessly clean and comfortable. The hotel lounge and dining room were fine and we always had the fire lit for us. I do not agree with the comments regarding the food - both myself and my partner were more than happy with it and she has to shy away from diary and wheat and this never posed a problem. . A buffett pre starter , a hot starter , a hot main and a pudding - and we always looked forward to sitting down to dinner. , not dreading it. We were always dead on time for dinner, i think this did help us. Considering what we had paid it more than exceed our expectations . I would certainly recommend it to other people who want a nice hotel at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for the annex
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IndieRush
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My friends and I have just returned from a week's skiing in Bardonecchia, staying at the hotel I Larici. We had a great time and would happily recommend it to anyone who wants a week's accommodation at a reasonable price.

Following an hour and twenty minute transfer from Turin, we were dropped off outside a pretty building, well worthy of its location in a ski resort. On arrival we were greeted by friendly and hospitable staff who remained so throughout the duration of our stay. Contrary to some of the mixed reviews you might have read, the food was plentiful and generally very tasty and the rooms were clean and tidy and contained showers you only wished you had at home. The open plan lounge and bar area, albeit a little dated, was ideal as a meeting point or for early evening drinks.

My only criticism of the hotel is the charging policy for drinks. You cannot pay for drinks at the bar, meaning that you end up building a tab over the course of the week. On settling my drinks bill on the last evening, to my surprise, I discovered that not only were we being charged for the wine provided with dinner, it was almost always being charged to the same one or two rooms, regardless of who had ordered it.

Drinks debacle apart, we had a great time and would happily return. Bardonecchia is much prettier than it is made out to be, although it is as quiet as reviewers have suggested. The skiing is also better than I had anticipated, with some excellently groomed tree-lined runs and some amazing views of the Dolomites. Yes, you will undoubtedly ski the same runs over the course of the week, particularly if, like us, you spend most of your time on the slopes on the Campo Smith side of town. Even though our party contained some relatively experienced skiers, no-one seemed to get bored, and although we ventured out to Jefferau for half a day, we found ourselves returning to Campo Smith's warmer and prettier slopes.

To summarise, the I Larici is a nice hotel in a nice town with some nice skiing. Even though it was half-term, we lost count of the times we had pistes to ourselves. If you're looking for a peaceful week's skiing without the queues, the prices or the pretentiousness of some of the glitzier resorts, then Bardonecchia could be right up your street.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends