See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2017

We are a group of six persons who just spent five nights at hotel Jafferau.
On the pro side I want to say that the hotel rooms were quite nice and spatious with ok beds for an Italian standard and the receptionist did a great job, was very dedicated and helpful. Great ski-in/ski-out.
On the con side there is a bit more to add. The hotel is located quite far away from Bardonnechia village and high up on Jafferau mountain which meant that it was very weather dependent. If there was to much wind most of the ski lifts where closed as well as the egglift to get down to the village to be able to take the bus to get to the lift system on the other side of the village where it was less weather dependent.
Then it does not seams like enough with only one shuttle bus with seats to transport seven persons at the time for a hotel with 94 rooms.
The same logistic problem occurs if you want to have your dinner in Bardonecchia village instead of at the hotel restaurant as you can't really walk the distance down there.
And believe me the quality of food at the hotel restaurant was below average.
As for breakfast the bacon was basicly raw, scramble quite cold. The variation of bread existed of dry toast bread and another tasteless white bread without any crust.
Last thing, terrible wi-fi.
I would consider to go back to Bardonecchia to ski but for sure, stay else where.

Date of stay: March 2017
2  Thank Kamilla S
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Finally we went up with the chairlifts to Jafferau at 1,993 m of altitude we stopped at the Hotel Residence carrying the same name. We had a few capuccinos and croissants. We had a chat with the guy at the bar who patiently explained a lot of things about the place and although we did not reside in the hotel we can say that it looked comfortable for those who like to ski in the early morning hours. One thing for sure is that the views were breathtaking. A good spot for great pictures and a short break.

Room tip: If you are not residing it still worth a visit to stop for coffee or lunch
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel sits in beautiful surroundings and the room itself is nice with a view of the mountains.
But everything else is really not worth it. The food was not even something I'd serve for an enemy. The "risotto" was way overcooked, and only tasted like readymade bouillon. The only things eatable for dinners were the bread and the salad. And after 5 days, it gets very boring.
The staff spoke no English. And even though we were a large group (75), they didn't try to set up afterski for us. The area for skiing is nice, but there's nothing to do after lifts close - there's no bars at all. Except the 90's style "nightclub" at the hotel, which opens at 9.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2016

My friend and I stayed 2 nights here and loved it! Beautiful location right in the mountains, nice people and friendly service. The room air was a little dry but overall very clean and very nice! Would highly recommend for the beautiful view!

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 9 December 2016

I made a reservation for ski season stay via expedia and asked expedia to check how much it would be to add an extra bed to the room.

Expedia has not been helpful and said they could not get in touch with the hotel they represent and sell.

I called the hotel myself, got through but the staff does not speak good english and i could not understand them, i finally managed to speak with the manager who was rude and cut me off and did not want to fully listen to my request and asked me to call back at certain time later and when i called she was not there!

The staff was rude and unhelpful and eventually they said it would cost 124 euros per night to add an extra bed to classic twin room (which is sold by approx 70/80 euros per night for 2 people) so they wanted double that just to add one extra bed . feels like a rip off. very, very disappointed.

Date of stay: December 2016