All reviews year after year star hotel delights massage pools spa
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Very positive. I especially enjoyed the closed and open air swimming pool, and the SPA. Personnel professional and very helpful. Restaurant OK, rich buffet. Excellent position to walk to the pedestrian center of Abano or to drive on excursions to the Eugani hills and Padova

Room Tip: we had a room towards the hills on the fourth floor. Parket floor which we prefer to moquette. Nice view, very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I got into the habit of joining my grandmother here annually over 20 years ago and after a hiatus to have my own family, we have now been going with our sons for a few years and will keep going. We live in a world metropolis and Abano suits us as a retreat; the hotel is without airs, the food is bland looking but fantastically flavourful and fresh, and the staff are fantastic to all age groups and for all interests -- we don't even usually do spa treatments here because we use the hotel as a base to explore Venice and the area, but as we age my husband and I are determined to try the fango (hot mud) treatment, which my grandparents and their friends loved. Meanwhile, we enjoy the water world of pools, the gardens and the incredibly peaceful atmosphere in the hotel and in town.
I hope they never renovate the breakfast room or the dining room as the building, while dated, is just this side of vintage chic. Upstairs carpets and some wallpaper may need a bit of re-fitting but on the whole this place stays frozen in time in an utterly Italian way.
I have faith that Abano and its distinctive 50s/60s style will swing back into fashion a la Palm Springs at some point soon...Until then, this is the best value relaxation money can buy for a European retreat close to incredible world heritage sites but with no sense of crowds whatsoever.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Every things are good at this hotel. Very nice and helpful staff which is the same year after year and good food too. We have been here many times and we will come back again. I am happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2016

OK.... I stayed here after I saw a special internet offer. When I got there, they gave me a hard time honoring the terms of the offer. After demonstrating to them what I had seen and signed up for they honored it. This at a cost of being soon stressed out and reaching a point of crying!!! So...BEWARE... After this whole nightmare, the room was great and the general staff were wonderful! I did not care much for the concierge and the people in charge. The food was fantasticl, and the swimming pools a lot of fun!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2016

This was the first stop on a three city tour. The hotel was clean and the general staff were friendly and accommodating. The facility is definitely geared toward older clientele. I was traveling with a friend from grad school and her 10 year old son. The desk staff wanted to charge us more for her son even though we booked two adults and a child online. After some fussing they did honor the online price offered at booking. The food was delicious and plentiful. Breakfast was also good however the wait staff were inconsistent in offering coffee. The beds were hard and the mattress rather thin. We could not have slept on them more than the four nights. The best part of the stay was enjoying the heated pools and massage. Excellent. While the stay was generally a good experience I will likely not recommend the hotel to friends and family because the general atmosphere was a bit snooty.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pools that does not also look over the roof
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends