“Delicious ”

Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Charlestown
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Pub has moved with times and although over 150 years old boasts eight four star gold rated rooms, a public bar, popular with the locals that shows all live sport and has great bands every fortnight. Our lounge bar is fantastic for relaxing in with large leather sofas and armchairs with a touch of historic Charlestown. The restaurant is modern, open plan and serves locally sourced food. And if the weather's good our patio and garden is the ideal place to spend a few hours or more!
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We looked for somewhere for Sunday lunch on a last minute whim, there were no tables available in the restaurant but they made space to accommodate us in the bar. I had a carvery, my husband had fish and chips and the children had pizza. The children can sometimes be hit and miss while eating out but they demolished their meals. The price was very reasonable for such high quality, we will be booking in advance for a Sunday lunch on our next holiday down there, highly recommended.

StAustellManagement, Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience. We are so pleased that you all enjoyed your meals and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Popped in here a couple of times for drinks. First time empty and no atmosphere, second time heaving because of the bank holiday weekend! Either way it's spacious and has a good selection of drinks. Worth nipping in for a drink.

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review. We do hope to see you back here very soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Dirty floors, unhelpful staff. Toilets smelly, Had one drink and left. Shame as nice location could be a lot better with a little effort

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

This pub offers an excellent menu and the staff are very friendly. The interior is light and airy with outdoor seating available too. There is a free car park but on our visit it was full so we parked in the pay and display car park across the road (£2.50 for 4 hours). The staff were great but service was quite slow and nobody came to check on our meals. Our starters (hallomi/prawns/garlic bread) were all delicious however I was very disappointed with my main course. I'd ordered nachos with spicy chicken (reasonable at £10) but the chicken was minced chicken which wasn't indicated on the menu. The chicken looked disgusting as it was just orange mush and totally put me off my food. I scraped it off and hid it under the dish. I would have brought this to the attention of staff but no one checked on our table. I did eventually manage to bring this to the attention of a waitress and the Manager did come to speak to us. She was lovely and apologised that the meal was not clearly labelled and took the meal off the bill. This was most appreciated. We will definitely visit the Rashleigh Arms again as all the other food looked amazing and I was happy that our complaint had been dealt with professionally.

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your meal at The Rashleigh. The team works extremely hard to ensure that all our guests receive first class service at all times, so it is always nice to have that feedback from our guests that this was achieved. We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The food was excellent if a little pricey, I ordered a side dish for my main meal and could not finish it due to it being a large portion

StAustellManagement, Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Many thanks for giving us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!